Discuss Anyone had a phonecall from BT? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robsparx

I had a phonecall today from BT saying they were looking for electricians to advertise, through searches on google, 118-500, and local directories

Has anyone else had this call? Anyone done this and got much work out of it?

She said it would be £160 sign up, then £39 a month for a year

If its so good why are you not just paying them for each lead. Yet again it appears to be a fortune no doubt a 12 month or more contract and if you end up with nothing you still have to pay the £39 a month until the contract has ended.

Ask them for a three month trial free of charge if they are not willing to do that then they havent got any faith in the very system they are trying to sell you.

Chris

I had the call a couple of weeks ago, she was a right *****, she ended up hanging up on me. I am always very sceptical of advertising sales people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i am rather sceptical. she gave me names of other people in the area that had signed up, so i'm gonna give them a ring at the weekend and ask if they've got much work from it.

£586 a year is a lot of money, another large overhead i could do without tbh

Also i hate how pushy they are on the phone. i said to her that i couldn't really commit to paying 180 over the phone at this moment in time and she simply said: 'why?'. well my finances are none of your fricking business actually madam

To be sort of fair they are under pressure to sell sell sell and thats why I say if its that good 3 months free as a trail. As for givng other numbers to ring in the locality are they going to get a back hander for conning you into signing up:eek:

Chris

she didn't give me numbers, i jotted down the names of about 5 sparks the told me were with them, and i've found them on google

she also said that they make a really professional and amazing looking website for you. i've checked out the websites of the other sparks that she told me about and they dont even look that great

I get regular phone calls from them. It's some company that was taken over by BT. Including set up fees and VAT, the first year is about £800.

They can't understand why I'm not anxious to start paying them. After about 20 minutes of me trying to get a word in edgeways, they can start to get annoyed with me for wasting their time.

Bt street , google it the reviews are terrible and there a pushy pain in the arse. store the no.next time they call so you know to ignore it next time they ring.

I am with them and will be ringing them very soon to cancel contract. The website they provide is very basic and pretty crap to be honest. They then ring you up after a couple of months to say you are getting plenty of visits to your site but nobody stays more than a couple of seconds, however, if you buy their premium service they can add to and alter it, and then the calls will flood in apparently! I pointed out this is what they said would happen at the start!
Stay well clear is my advice.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

The prob with bt is they use third parties to sell their products and give good commision. Hence loads of cowboys telling porkes. When the sales pitch gets too aggressive they have the 'get out clause'.....not us

I have had the say phone call I asked for a breakdown via e-mail and when I crunched the numbers then they did not add up.
I believe they are very pushy and I would not go with them.

I've had the same phone call. foolishly said go on then give me your best shot, thats 20min i'll never get back. I said to her I will have to have a think about it, just to get rid of her, she then proclaims it's a yes or no deal it's just that obvious which one I should chose so I said NO then!!! she then questioned my sanity. I just put the phone down.:mad:

She kind of tricked me by asking if I would do some work, obviously replying yes, she then used this to say that I must be able to take on work and therefore need to advertise. I hate them and would not reccommend advertising with anyone who contacts you, if you really need the work ring up local builders, kitchen fitters, conservatory firms or even advertise in local paper

i used to get loads of cold calling trying to sell me stuff. my phone must be on the "don`t call him he is mad" list. i just go into some senseless rant about everything when they start talking asking them what colour i should paint my lounge. the last firm i advertised with has kicked me off for not paying them for 6 months etc etc. takes them about thirty seconds to get the hell off the line.:D

Just sorted out the cancellation today. I only signed up after the first woman eventually told me i could have a 5 day cooling off period.

The lady i spoke to was nicer than the first one. Obviously she tried very hard to keep me on, eventually reducing the price to £24 a month, but i managed to stay strong and cancel!

To be fair to them they did get me on the first page of google, but i'm unconvinced that i wont be able to do that myself

Reply to Anyone had a phonecall from BT? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net