Discuss Anyone have a Robin Multi tester KT 1610?? Loose conection help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys

Was wondering if anyone had a Robin KT 1610 multi tester that could help me. I just bought one second hand and it doesen't seem to want to test RCD's or the loop impedance of circuits also the live lights at the top don't come on when you plug it in to a known live soure. It will however test insulation and continuity.

I opened up the back and when I took off the outer casing and found a loose cable( red) that seems to have been soldered on to the printed circuit board, it then goes to the fuse holder to complete the circuit. However I can't see where the cable was on the pcb to solder it back on and hopefully fix the problem. If anyone has a tester like this could you please look at yours and possibly let me know or even send me a picture (I can give you my email address) of were it goes on the board?

Hopefully this will be the problem why it's not testing RCD's or the insulation resistance, I don't want to have to put in to get fixed anywhere because it will probably cost more than the tester did.

Thanks. That will teach me to buy second hand :blush5:

I have a good idea whats up mate...what you need to do here is undo the 4 screws (phillips) that hold the front to the back and carefully lift the 2 halves apart ....(remember to turn both dials fully to the left before doing this)...what you should have is 2 circuit boards sandwiched together with spacers. Look on the upper circuit board...there should be a glass fuse held in between 2 metal cups......I bet you that fuse hase blown so you need to CAREFULLY get that fuse out and replace it with like for like......try that....should get your live tests back mate...........

Cheers Glen

I also had saw the fuse (ceramic one on this tester) when I opened it up and tested across it and it was blown but didin't want to try and change it without finding out where the cable thats lying loose goes on the pcb first, just incase it causes more damage to the tester. I wondered if the loose cable thats came off the pcb maybe touched the pcb at the wrong part and blew the fuse in the first place but know knows. Don't suppose you have a tester and could look for me?

thanks

Reply to Anyone have a Robin Multi tester KT 1610?? Loose conection help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net