Discuss Anyone heard of metrotest??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Olec

I have the opportunity of getting three second hand test meters as backups.
Metrotest m2000D (insulation)
Metrotest M2000Rcd
Metrotest M2000 Psc (loop)

Has anyone ever heard of this kit? I haven't and can't find any info online.
Thanks

Might be worth asking the seller if you can have a little time with them using them as you are unfamiliar with them to see how easy they are to use also.

Metrotest have been going a fair few years, we had one of their PAT testers at work, so old the software came on a floppy disc suitable for Win 95!
Last used it abot 12 months ago and still working fine.

METROTEST ??!!
only the biggest band since Led Zep !
B-)

i think they were CEF's own brand of testgear about 10 yrs ago, which is reason enough to throw them in the skip lol.

Cool thanks guys, I think I'm going to give em a miss. Sounds like they are not very popular and probably a pain to get fixed if anything goes wrong :-(

nowt wrong with metrotest. i have an analogue IR tester from the 70's and it still works fine.

Soulsurfer is selling the Kewtec equivilents of those meters somewhere around here, might be worth a look for you?

Metrotest instruments Ltd were a well respected company producing quality electrical test and PAT instruments at a competitive price from their factory in Durham, at a time when the market was dominated by Avo Megger and Robin. The 2000 series of separate electrical installation test instruments was the zenith of their production. I believe that Martindale bought the rights to all of the Metrotest designs in the late 1990s and carried on producing many of them, including the 2000 series, until quite recently.
Martindale KIT2000 17th Edition Installation Test Kit - Discontinued Products

Reply to Anyone heard of metrotest??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock