Discuss Anyone know about power showers? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Hello folks, I'm after a power shower to replace a broken one but I've never dealt with them before and haven't got a clue where to start. I'm after something that is run from an external 12 or 24v transformer preferably, do they still make them like this as I can only seem to find mains ones? Also, I'm preferably after something that has 50mm centres for the pipes, everything I've seen seems to have a much smaller gap. Anyone got any ideas?

These seem to pretty easy to fit, just compression joints or push-fits, but is there anything really complicated you need to take into account? I plumb in normal electric showers all the time without issue, but do you reckon I should get my plumber to have a look?

Cheers people.

if you,ve got a good plumber, phone him. our own advice is to call in a spark for electrics. so follow that. thinking about it.. your plumber will have pubic liability, so if he floods your house, you're covered. you do it, you're not.

Dont think rocker will need a good spark he is one , i must admit i get in a plumber for the reasons telextric has said but not ive pushed all makes of show aside and i only now use mira yes they are more expensive but are guarenteed for 2 years and the parts are so easy to get and replace but i dont think they do a low voltage one

Dont think rocker will need a good spark he is one , i must admit i get in a plumber for the reasons telextric has said but not ive pushed all makes of show aside and i only now use mira yes they are more expensive but are guarenteed for 2 years and the parts are so easy to get and replace but i dont think they do a low voltage one
i didn't mean to suggest rocker was not a good spark, just using it for comparison. i.e. if a plumber asks the forum advice on electrics, we tell him to call a spark. sort of --- for tat. rocker should do the electrics if he's got time after entertaining his female plumber

i didn't mean to suggest rocker was not a good spark, just using it for comparison. i.e. if a plumber asks the forum advice on electrics, we tell him to call a spark. sort of --- for tat. rocker should do the electrics if he's got time after entertaining his female plumber

i know mate just saw the funny side you should know me by now lol ... female plumber lucky guy bet he'll have trouble holding the screwdriver

it's that welsh water again. called Brains, is it not?

brains dont be daft im like the scarecrow in the wizzard of oz .. my had way to much wine tonight lol , look its was me that cooked the sunday roast all cheffs have a glass of wine .... um bottle lol

only 1 bottle? was the offy closed then? think it's now permitted to sell alcohol in wales on a sunday.

Reply to Anyone know about power showers? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net