Discuss Anyone know the pass mark for C&G 2330 level 2 tests? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's not quite as simple as that - you have to get a certain percentage right in each section, so if one person gets say 4 wrong and they're all in the same section they might fail, whereas if they got 4 wrong across different sections they might pass.

As Novus said. If you have 4 sections in an exam you need a min of 60% in each section. Eg H&S has 5 questions and you get only 2 correct (40%) but you get every other question correct in all of the other sections you've failed. You should get a print out showing each section like a bar chart so you can see what you are good and bad at.

I have just passed my 203 and 205 and I have to say I thought it was guna be alot harder than it was.. I'm actually a bit gutted I didn't get 100% on the 203 especially. Then again, others in my class did struggle and a few failed so I guess its only easy if you know the answers..

If you know your stuff and do the revision am sure you will be fine!

thanks a lot, very useful to know. I was looking at past papers. They all look fairly simple for level 2, am i being naive?!?!
It depends on the student, someone that puts the effort in and revise's at home, listens in the classroom are the ones that will find most of the level 2 easy. It is a lot to take in so don't be complacent and think "oh I'll pass those exams no problem". There is two ways you can approach it, 1, learn enough to pass the exams by doing loads of past papers and monkey see monkey do or, 2, Learn and understand what all the questions are asking so you know the subject. Example:- what csa t+e and what Amp mcb would you use for a lighting circuit with 5 x 50w luminaries clipped direct? Your thinking straight away 1.5mm with a 6A mcb aren't you because that is what you use every time you install a light circuit. Now have a look at the tables in the OSG to find out if you can use 1mm csa t+e. It's ok getting the correct answer but you have to know why.

It depends on the student, someone that puts the effort in and revise's at home, listens in the classroom are the ones that will find most of the level 2 easy.

This is very true..

You do need to put the effort in, all year round and not just in the run up to the exam. Alot of the students were flapping towards the exam over various topics, trying to even blame the lecturer for not spending enough time on things like powerfactor correction, or motors etc, and if you ask me I feel we spent alittle too much time on certain things. There has been more than the odd week at college where I have come away feeling like I have learnt nothing at all in that day because we had to go over things again and again. I do realise not everyone learns at the same pace but you got to put the effort in.

At the end of each day at college we have an optional extra hour of tuition where the students can stay back and go over anything they have done in that day or ask questions on anything they are unsure about, and guess what?? The students that were moaning are the ones who never once stayed back, as soon as it hit 4 o'clock they couldn't get out of college quick enough!!

You only get out what you put in. Aslong as you have done your bit, and isn't one of those students who plays on there phone during lessons or talks all the time when they should have been listening, then I think you can relax and be positive about your exam and not worry if your guna hit the 60% mark to scrape a pass.

Good luck btw!

agree with everything the others have said. u need over 60% in each section of the exam. Some exams have two sections, while others have four sections, ur tutor should have showed u the online smartscreen website tht shows the breakdown of each exam.

Iv just finished this course and if u put the studing in its fairly easy exams to get distinctions/credits

thanks a lot, very useful to know. I was looking at past papers. They all look fairly simple for level 2, am i being naive?!?!

yes

becasuse the exam is online every person will get different questions as they are pulled randomly from there server

i failed one test and retook it and got lucky on both becasue i didnt have to work out the co sign and things

(i believe it was the health and saftety section i failed on somehow, on resit i got about 70% on it a few days later)

Reply to Anyone know the pass mark for C&G 2330 level 2 tests? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net