Discuss Anyone on here done 2396? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
The design, erection & varification of electrical systems? It's something I've always wanted to do.....whether I'd pass it or not is another matter as it's harder than 2391 (or whatever test & inspection is now) which I did pass but found that tough.
Anyways has anyone took this on?
Passed?
Was it worth doing?

I enjoy being on the tools but looking further down the line to become engineer or management level in time and want to progress academically but haven't got the time to study open uni courses and already have a HNC in building services.

I’m the same, not done it but would like to.
Living in the north east the closest place offering the course was York which is not really close to me at all.

Did it when it was the 2400, back in the day

Yep I've done it. My advice to you is just go for it. It's the most interesting of the electrical courses I have done.

The three hour theory exam isn't too bad as long as you put the effort in.

The only challenging part about the course is the project. Not the project itself but finding time to be able to do it at home/work without getting distracted.

I enjoyed doing mine, the exam was a bitch with a 40% pass rate on mine.

And as above it is dedicating time for the project. But I learnt a lot.

As above, I learnt a lot and really enjoyed it. Massive amounts of time are needed for the project. You need to double the amount of recommended hours to do a proper job.
Not sure how good the course is for career advancement though. If higher study after 2396 is your goal, maybe just skip straight to that.
I did it in the full knowledge it was the last course in my career I fancied doing.

Mine was approximately £1200.

I dread to think of how many hours I put into the project. Pretty sure my tutor made us go above and beyond what was actually required.

The worst thing about the project is when you realise you've made a mistake with a calculation which has had a domino effect on a shed load of other calculations.

I must have redone mine around 8 times :eek:

Would like to do it. Was even offered the course for free by my Electrical Trainee type training provider as recompense for all the messing around they gave me. Didn't take them up on the offer, as based on the standard of their initial training courses there was no way I could see any of their tutors doing anything more complex.

I’m the same, not done it but would like to.
Living in the north east the closest place offering the course was York which is not really close to me at all.

I've found the same problem....looking online it's all London or Warrington.....think Leeds is a possibility but I'm surprised this is not more readily available.

Worth doing if you can find the time. Not sure I would enjoy designing to 18th with the new changes. Pick a good centre is my advice. The one I used was sh!#€. Learned more on my own with the Design book.

Exam is tight but a good brain work out if anything.

Reply to Anyone on here done 2396? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock