Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Anyone play WOW on here? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi just wondered does anyone play wow on this forum as a matter of interest. I just leveled one of my Characters to 110 over the holiday it was great. Playing Legion the latest patch. Had a great time!

H

hightower

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wish I had time. Used to play eve online some years ago but games like that are time hogs

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi just wondered does anyone play wow on this forum as a matter of interest. I just leveled one of my Characters to 110 over the holiday it was great. Playing Legion the latest patch. Had a great time!
Hi Vortigern,

I play on Runetotem. Only started playing in Dec. 2015, and I thoroughly enjoy it. Unfortunately 2016 all my time was taken up with the death of a close friend, my day job, getting my qualifications and setting up the business so didn't have much time for it.

I did start playing Legion when it was released and was thoroughly enjoying it though. Haven't levelled up any of my characters to 110 yet though.

T

The Ghost

playing Legion
I can see you are a person of sensitivity and intelligence pursuing sensible things like legion. I'm on Hellscream I mainly use a warlock called Sephariel. W me if you are ever passing by :yum: I was beginning to think everyone was abnormal on this forum, at least there is some hope!

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I can see you are a person of sensitivity and intelligence pursuing sensible things like legion. I'm on Hellscream I mainly use a warlock called Sephariel. W me if you are ever passing by :yum: I was beginning to think everyone was abnormal on this forum, at least there is some hope!
If I could make a living playing games (and writing them), I would. Unfortunately I'm not good enough to play professionally but I did try once, entered a tournament playing Painkiller back in the day with a 56K modem, got disconnected and consequently smashed :)

And the writing them... just not enough hours in the day in between trying to earn a crust and sleeping :(

I've never been much into the online side of gaming but I did get my GTA:V Online character up to 190-ish before I got bored of all the hacking children on the PS3 version. God, they are high pitched! I had to turn off voice chat most of the time.

I also have a Steam account but haven't played much since Half-Life 2: Episode 2. Which I found really hard going as those bipedal robot things are really fast. Unlike the ED-209 I base my nickname on. :alien:

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I've never been much into the online side of gaming but I did get my GTA:V Online character up to 190-ish before I got bored of all the hacking children on the PS3 version. God, they are high pitched! I had to turn off voice chat most of the time.

I also have a Steam account but haven't played much since Half-Life 2: Episode 2. Which I found really hard going as those bipedal robot things are really fast. Unlike the ED-209 I base my nickname on. :alien:
I know exactly what you mean about those dam things... as I recall I gave up, which is somewhat unusual, as no matter what I tried I just couldn't beat them... long time since I had a go, but I know it was outside, quite a few trees and they just seemed impossible to kill. One of those times the mouse nearly made an exit through my monitor :)

DeanoRN

-
Trainee
hi there, ye i started back up again levelled my druid to 110 enjoying this expansion more than them all except TBC.

it is a good game been playing on and off since 2005 the early vanilla days.

T

The Ghost

Hi @DeanoRN I'm on Hellscream. So that's two on this forum of thousands who play wow. I've got a 86 level druid but really don't quite manage it too well. My Main is warlock 110 of course. It's a bit of a faceroll on the broken shores getting geared up at the moment. I expect they will soon stop that though. So...gravedigger eh? Is that for real?

DeanoRN

-
Trainee
Hi @DeanoRN I'm on Hellscream. So that's two on this forum of thousands who play wow. I've got a 86 level druid but really don't quite manage it too well. My Main is warlock 110 of course. It's a bit of a faceroll on the broken shores getting geared up at the moment. I expect they will soon stop that though. So...gravedigger eh? Is that for real?
Hi mate, ye it is easy getting geared, warlock is one class i've never really played much, i have played most classes over the years, but mainly healing classes priest back in TBC, shammy till MOP and now my druid and enjoying it just haven't got the time to play much with collage and work.

Ye i work for the council doing at of different stuff and it does include digging graves lol..and it is a hard graft, specially when the ground is clay, it ways a ton.

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I've been having a bit of a character catch up. Been levelling my main paladin to 110 and now working towards getting flying in the latest area.

Hardly played it the last 12 months or so, but I have been busy with other things.

Really enjoying Legion though.

T

The Ghost

Healer, tank, could never do it. Tried and got kicked with a lot of swearing and name calling. It is tricky imo. Anyway I love casters. Got a shammy first character ele as well. Just levelled my hunter to 110 doing something like 200k damage defo faceroll and love feign death.
Grave digging, that is hard graft especially on stony ground. Don't envy you there. No wonder you are getting into electrics then, go for it! I think you will find electrics much better. As long as you don't work for the council on social housing it is s**t. Going into crack dens and growing farms, wheels gone from your vehicle when you finish and drive off (well you don't drive off of course. I don't do that sort of work. Mostly commercial (light) that is where to aim for if you are going for it.

DeanoRN

-
Trainee
I've been having a bit of a character catch up. Been levelling my main paladin to 110 and now working towards getting flying in the latest area.

Hardly played it the last 12 months or so, but I have been busy with other things.

Really enjoying Legion though.
ye legion is a good expansion..still eint got flying yet no idea how to get it either lol..gonna have to look into it :p

DeanoRN

-
Trainee
Healer, tank, could never do it. Tried and got kicked with a lot of swearing and name calling. It is tricky imo. Anyway I love casters. Got a shammy first character ele as well. Just levelled my hunter to 110 doing something like 200k damage defo faceroll and love feign death.
Grave digging, that is hard graft especially on stony ground. Don't envy you there. No wonder you are getting into electrics then, go for it! I think you will find electrics much better. As long as you don't work for the council on social housing it is s**t. Going into crack dens and growing farms, wheels gone from your vehicle when you finish and drive off (well you don't drive off of course. I don't do that sort of work. Mostly commercial (light) that is where to aim for if you are going for it.
ye i tell you the worst thing about healing mate, is when u get idiots that step in shite for example and u are expected to keep them alive and when they do eventually die, they complain noob healer lol..idiots.

ye i've had enough of the council and their cuts here and there..and wanted to re-train into something i will enjoy, i've got my main practical exam next week the 10 hour one, wire up SWA, a ring, radial and 2 way lighting circuit, with metal and plastic conduits etc..looking forward to it

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
ye legion is a good expansion..still eint got flying yet no idea how to get it either lol..gonna have to look into it :p
Lookup "Broken Isles Path Finder Part 1". Thats stage 1. Nightmare :D

Thankfully my house mate has earned flying on her main paladin, and as it's Battle Net account based, she's flying me round on her two seater rocket :)

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
ye i tell you the worst thing about healing mate, is when u get idiots that step in shite for example and u are expected to keep them alive and when they do eventually die, they complain noob healer lol..idiots.
That'll be me then :D

I'm still getting used to tanking on my pally. Played DPS up to this expansion but with a tank I can stay alive and kill stuff which is wicked :)

DeanoRN

-
Trainee
That'll be me then :D

I'm still getting used to tanking on my pally. Played DPS up to this expansion but with a tank I can stay alive and kill stuff which is wicked :)
i used to do a bit of tanking back in cata with my warrior but always preferred healing lol, good thing with pali's is they're like druids jack of all trades :)

im defo gonna look into that path finder and get my flying when i gt some time, does it cost much?

T

The Ghost

get my flying
Ah now you have hit my big bugbear with WOW and flying. I have paid thousands g. for flying here there and everywhere. Now I can't fly in dalaran (which I could) and other places I used to be able to, I did not get a refund so I am in a permanent blue funk about the contractual unfairness of WOW just taking a paid for item away from me, so they shove it no more hoops for me the next expansion will just take it away. Ok rant over:rolleyes:

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Definitely not... I'm not under 40 :D

D00DY_T00DY

-
Arms
Did use to play runescape:eek: those were the days :D

Mainly just ps4 now. Battlefield although haven't been on in a while now. Used to play competitive matches with other platoons.

I'd love a gaming pc but also like my arm and leg so not happening anytime soon:D

D00DY_T00DY

-
Arms
just build one urself mate :)
That's my plan. Could go AMD but for the price difference id want an i5. My £300 budget soon goes out the window and my build is upto £750+ :D

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
My advice when building a PC for gaming is buy the best components you can afford and don't scrimp on the graphics card. The PC I'm currently using is only a couple of years old, the one before that was built in 2007 and is still capable of playing most of the games I love.

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
The rogue is awesome with the stealth. I generally play in a party with my housemate, but I've been playing my rogue solo.

It's a bit trickier in some of the later stuff because of the number of mobs you can end up with, but early on it's just great :)

DeanoRN

-
Trainee
The rogue is awesome with the stealth. I generally play in a party with my housemate, but I've been playing my rogue solo.

It's a bit trickier in some of the later stuff because of the number of mobs you can end up with, but early on it's just great :)
ye ive done loads of classes in my...holy ---- just realised ive been playing 12 years on and off..anywhoo..ive leveled loads of chars but never a rogue lol, i think ive always hated them because the pvp beat downs lol but ye really enjoying the class and vanish is epic

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Anyone play WOW on here? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom