• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Anyone seen this symbol before? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Marcus Vaughan

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Anyone seen this symbol before? 61240FE7-826D-406E-9383-5D4A60A05E1D - EletriciansForums.net Anyone seen this symbol before? 8912B7D2-6B2A-4CAB-A23B-70E395BE1F70 - EletriciansForums.net Logo in the bottom right corner - looks like I shouldn’t be installing them in a home.

Also - 30 of them needed per lamp at 15w each - two lights (one already installed by customer) + other lights.
It’s right up close to maximum demand - even with diversity.....

Customer supplied lamps - time for a chat - but to put LED’s in will cost £££££

Anyone seen this symbol before? 1F3BD2AE-A36F-439E-BD3A-AC12BACC3377 - EletriciansForums.net

Anyone seen this symbol before? 289331B4-F92B-4423-8B94-00AEDFA933F1 - EletriciansForums.net

Anyone seen this symbol before? 586033C8-1799-4CBC-9FF2-3796130D4EA7 - EletriciansForums.net

Anyone seen this symbol before? D55382FC-A4F8-49F4-B8B9-CDE81F297724 - EletriciansForums.net

Anyone seen this symbol before? A09823A7-C087-41AF-AE17-602189B57DC7 - EletriciansForums.net

View attachment 47654 View attachment 47653 Logo in the bottom right corner - looks like I shouldn’t be installing them in a home.

Also - 30 of them needed per lamp at 15w each - two lights (one already installed by customer) + other lights.
It’s right up close to maximum demand - even with diversity.....

Customer supplied lamps - time for a chat - but to put LED’s in will cost £££££

View attachment 47655

View attachment 47656

View attachment 47657

View attachment 47658

View attachment 47659
Appliance lamp, FRIDGE, COOKER

The symbol means that it is not intended for general domestic lighting use because it does not meet the minimum efficiency requirement. For example, a fitting with those in won't comply with part L, so they can't be sold as GLS lamps.

Reminds me of a job i had last year in a huge apartment building in Bath called Empire, it was once a grand hotel before being taken over by admiralty during the war.I had to change some bulbs in a similar chandelier type fitting. thought ah nice easy job.
Got there and it was on top floor above the grand staircase with a 4 storey drop directly below in between staircase. i stood on ground floor looking up and thought bloody heck
had to arrange for some scaffolding to be put up to bridge the gap between the stairs as there was no way to reach it as somehow the old winch system to lower it and raise it had seized up and had since been welded.

If the customer can afford a house where that sort of light fitting is installed then he can afford the replacements even if the are LED's.

Oh and don't show him this,

see that's where you london boyz get it all wrong. should have had Scousers to take the chandelier down. it would not have gotten broken. OK< customer would never see it again but at least it would have been nicked with style.

He also wants them dimmed.
So that’s 900 watts through a dimmer. I think they are rated to 600 Watts max.
In a 16mm box.
Oh dear.
Other than that a relatively straight foreward day!

Last edited:

Reply to Anyone seen this symbol before? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back