Discuss Anyone selling new 17th edition regs book (green) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dave19

A long shot I know but I don't want to pay 70 odd pound for something I will never probably look at again. Let me know if you want to ged rid

Dave

yes im with ponty here, ive been doing this for 20+ years and still refer to the regs regulary for tables, cable ratings etc, why on earth would you be required to have the regs if they were not an important part of the job, its not like a set of ikea instructions that get discarded once you have built your warddrobe, i hope your not intending on been an electrician with that cavalier attitude!

A long shot I know but I don't want to pay 70 odd pound for something I will never probably look at again. Let me know if you want to ged rid

Dave

I am struggling to get my head around this comment. I always have my Regs book with me and use it all the time.

I will dig out my old red book and paint it green,you can have that for a tenner plus p&p lol.but seriously if you look on amazon they sell the bgb and osg for a good price,and you will need it more than you may think.

I need to do the 17th edition course. I qualified last year and had previously had bought the red regs book. I didn't bother doing the course at the time but want to do it now.

I have numerous copies at my disposal, but I couldn't sell it to somebody who states they will immediately discard it.

Last edited:
Sorry dave misread you post mucho apologies ... see where your coming from now, thought you were just starting your courses as fresh blood, TBH though their are alot of amendments between the red and green books and really something that should already be part of your armoury, i have the red book in van as a majority of the tables etc are the same and green in office when designing an install etc.

I've oly been in the industry 4 years in total. Only worked on commercial sites where I have never been asked to refer to the regs book. I'm assuming it would probably be used more on domestic jobs where you work for yourself ?

Dave if you're working for yourself you'll be refering to it all the time. If you just need the odd reference while on site get the OSG.

Reply to Anyone selling new 17th edition regs book (green) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net