Discuss Anyone Tried a 2391 Online Course? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

acvc

-
Reaction score
Anyone tried the 2391 online? I'm going to do the 2391 and am looking at prices. Obviously the online courses are cheaper - usually by about £100. I've been looking at the 'blender' courses offered by the NICEIC.

I think i would rather go through the course with other REAL PEOPLE, to be able to discuss things and learn from other people around me.

But has anyone done the 2391 online and got any thoughts or feedback on it?

Thanks.

The downside of online is you have no immediate Q&A with a tutor and other students. This is invaluable and worth the extra cash.

Online explanations may not be as clear as they could be, a tutor can re-word to make things more understandable, they really dumbed it down for me!!! :lol:

Online courses tend to lead to many hours on forums, class based is the best. Local colleges tend to be cheaper. Hasn't 2391 been replaced with 2394/5 ?

Online courses tend to lead to many hours on forums, class based is the best. Local colleges tend to be cheaper. Hasn't 2391 been replaced with 2394/5 ?

Thanks for that Vito. Good points there.
There are some centres still offering it, some already changed to 2394 and 5. From what I've read Dec 2012 is the end date of the 2391.

I wont put down distance learning, but i know from speaking to people who have tried it and failed have found doing the course with others far more beneficial, and cheaper in the long run. The input that you as a candidate and others in the group contribute, far outweighs any cost savings you may make by going it alone. Even as one who delivers this course, i learn a lot from the course candidates with every course i deliver. There will always be people who know things that we don't, or can explain things in a different way that i can. So whilst i may be the one delivering the course, there are also 9 or 10 other people who contribute to the course content, priceless in my opinion. Not to forget the great banter as well, which can make a fairly dull regs course quite entertaining.

Cheers..........Howard

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Anyone Tried a 2391 Online Course? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock