Discuss Anyone used these jobbies? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry Folks should have stipulated the tools relevant to an Electrician, apologies, please don't have a go, feeling somewhat depressed today, derogatory comments may just tip me over the edge into manic depression.

Yeah, it seems that whatever job there is to do, someone's thought of a tool to do it.
The problems I find are a) I only find out about a tool after I;ve done the job it would have helped with, and b) I usually can't justify buying something that will have little use :( But there's a few tools I've bought, or had off my birthday/Christmas list, that come under the "why didn't I get that years ago ?' category. Cable rods are one of those - I never thought I could justify the cost for the amount and type of work I do ("day job" is IT, not electrics), but after I picked up a set that were one offer one day I was in the wholesaler I keep find more and more jobs they can help with.

I find cable rods ideal for fishing out stuff dropped down the back of cupboards. Also have often used the tool on second to last in Petes' video, often come in handy but too expensive if you use don't them properly !

Reply to Anyone used these jobbies? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys I’ve got a job in Maryport and need a hand. Is anyone local to there available?
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m liam and I’m 18 years old from Merseyside area, I’ve just completed my level 2&3 electrical installation and maintenance at widnes...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what the cable in the picture is called? Or anything about it? Labelling on the outside is “E SPC Electric Cable 600/1000v” Its...
Replies
Views
Hello I have some decking lights which to be fair, have been nothing but pain in the bottom since they were installed. Moisture in the lens lamps...
Replies
Views
Guys I’m struggling to find one item which use electric power but it’s not considered an appliance. Is there anyone who can give me a such example?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock