Discuss Anyone used these switchfuses? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny-G

I'm moving a CU about 5m on a rewire and as the tails will just be surface mounted 6181Y I'm planning on sticking one of these in - Wylex 100 Amp SP&N Switchfuses - has anyone used one before?
They just seem pretty cheap...

OP
M

MarkieSparkie

Yes mate, I use them all time for this type of job. They have been the de-facto standard in the industry for decades.

acvc

Electrician's Arms
Slightly hijacking this thread as its been dormant for three days .............

OK the Reg is >3m tails must be protected by a switch fuse. But if there is the mains incomer cut-out fuse and a double pole isolator is fitted straight after the meter ..... why do you need another fuse and another isolator? This could be one of my many senile dementia moments .........

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
it's to protect the DNO fuse from a fault on the tails. the 3m rule is an arbitrary length.

OP

1shortcircuit

I have used one of these quite recently for the first time. Very easy to work with even when terminating 25mm tails. I did however opt to order the 60A fuse so the spare 80 sits in my van :thumbsup

OP
J

Johnny-G

It's now looking like it may have to be run in SWA, is there an earth terminal inside the enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.