Discuss Anyone using a Megger 1553 Bluetooth? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone use the Bluetooth setup on the Megger 1553?

We had use of one for a week and found it very clumsy and a nightmare for Periodic Inspections where you might not wish follow the usual testing sequence.

Just wondered if the latest versions were any better?

Bluetooth a big waste of money, the form-filling software is primitive and just not intuitive to use. Megger need to make the software quicker and easier to use. The bluetooth transfer works well, I've achieved 100m transfers reliably in an old damp Victorian building that has 1.2m thick walls. But until the process is as easy as pen and paper it's not fit for purpose and no working spark is likely to use it. Megger must be aware of this, they give the game away by the need to offer a 'bluetooth' training course, but that is just trying to lock the stable door after the tester has bolted.
While I'm having a Megger moan, the switched probe is crap too. It's to big heavy, bulky, and the extension prods are flimsy. Please, please Megger do away with the probe battery box, add a couple of cores to the probe cable and power the probe LED from the tester.
The Megger Mulitifunction testers are good in every other respect, rugged, excellent build quality, reliable and simple to use. So in my opinion if your spending your hard earned cash buy the MFT 1552.

Check out the new Megger MFT like the 1720 etc. Much better probe and test buttons on both sides of the instrument.

Same cheap, awful leads and crocs though!

I Have the bluetooth and like you IQ its pants doing an "out of sequence" test plus there are that many different software packs used by different companies Best one iv comeacross for ease of filling was with MITIE their IT guru had an excel thing fantastic even put MaxZs in and alerted if measured Zs was over max easy to fill the N/As with Copy n Pas

is anyone using Mettrell software?? as thats what the company Im with now are moving to from paper

I agree with markie I have a MI 3002 eurotest DL and the on board software is crap I tried it a few times when I bought it and it downloaded a pile of manure with the result I had to go back and do it again ,now I use the original software a pen and a A4 pad, I wish I had bought Kewtech
Pict

Reply to Anyone using a Megger 1553 Bluetooth? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net