Discuss Anyone with Elecsa and forgot to notify a job in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

The last couple of months I have done a couple of jobs, but I have forgotten to notify them. What happens if you are out of the time limit of 25 days?

cheers for your replies

Tom

So would I notify it as if I had done it in the required time or just put the correct date i completed it on. I might phone them and explain the situation as it was a time when my son had a series of operations to reduce a tumor and it just slipped my mind. The only reason I remembered is that I have my assess magnet on Mon.

Last edited:
Well,

the job is finished when YOU decide you have finished. So I would say maybe you had some unfinished paperwork. A missing warning label. A loose cover. A screw that needed tightening.

this reminds me of a conversation with a tree officer at the council once, who explained that a Tree Preservation Order can be applied to any tree,any size. Even a little sapling a few inches high.

pretty sure theres a tenuous analogy there somewhere

so just notify it. Don't worry,we notifying sparks are the laughing stock of 20,000 that just don't bother at all anyway.

So would I notify it as if I had done it in the required time or just put the correct date i completed it on. I might phone them and explain the situation as it was a time when my son had a series of operations to reduce a tumor and it just slipped my mind. The only reason I remembered is that I have my assess magnet on Mon.

So actually you're not as ''Efficient'' as your company name suggests then!! lol!!

epic part p fail !!! lol

what do you think happens to your pointless notification paperwork once submitted to the local building control office ?

yep , its sits in a pile of thousands of other pointless notifications in a basement where no-one has the time , resources or general arsed to bother processing them.

spartys right , the whole systems a running joke.

I'm with Elecsa - this really isn't an issue, just notify it now and forget about it... not being funny I notified a job last week that I completed last year...the client got the certificate... happy days

Hello, first post so be very gentle as I'm a virgin of sorts.
I'm also with Elecsa (but not as a virgin, i lied and told them I was experienced but only in sexual context) and in my humble opinion why worry, just change all the paper work to suit, same as assessment time, whoops should I say that? Only kidding, what's the panic just notify move on and enjoy life.

To be honest mate, the majority of jobs I notify are not notified within the time limit. Its a process I carry out whenever I can be bothered which is usually once every few months. I always give the actual date I did the work when I notify. Been doing it for years and Elecsa have never minded.
Lets face it...the whole system is a bit of an eff'ing joke anyway....Why the hell do building control need to know that I put four down lights in someones bathroom ceiling?

I suppose a point about the whole thing with notifying is that it was ill-thought out and I believe simply thrust upon councils. So theyve never really been that bothered.

and I have never heard of anything coming of some outside socket fitted somewhere that wasnt notified resulting in imprisionment and subsequent water boarding.

Reply to Anyone with Elecsa and forgot to notify a job in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net