Discuss App for net solar export in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sln8458

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

We have a 3.9Kw array (13 x Sapphire 300W Black Mono solar panels) on our roof with a Growatt 3600MTL-S mini inverter.
All good and has been working fine since installation in 2018.
However, the system does not give me a 'net' import/export value.

I've been looking for a meter (wifi version) to add via a split CT on the mains feed from out utility meter to the consumer unit. Would need to be Bi-directional.
So far I have found a Hiking DDS238-1 WIFI (D1104), and yes it would need to have it's own enclosure, but the software company for the app say their app does NOT support import/export.

So, does anyone have suggestions on alternatives?
I could replace the inverter, but that would be more expensive than I really wanted to spend (yes I'm tight!)

Thanks
Steve

Reply to App for net solar export in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net