Discuss app for payment on i phone in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are these tried and tested systems? I was looking into this a while ago but hadn't realised these were now on the market.

I've googled them to have a look. Seems 2.75% as standard but up to 14 days to reach your account???

What's your feedback on the ones you use?

Cheers
Ponty

I downloaded one called PayAnywhere but it is not good. Sometimes I received an error: CAN'T REACH THE SERVER... and it is slow as well. By the way I am also developing an app for iPhone (sg. similar to this one: voip-sip-sdk.com/p_457-voip-iphone-integration-voip.html). Hopefully it will be a good app.

The comments for sum up say it won't accept visa. Payleven has no comments yet and seems more expensive. IZettle seems to have some sort of FaceBook login. Are any of these actually secure enough to use? And how long does payment take? 2.75% - 2.95% (+9c or something on 1 of them) to process is fair enough, you can add 5% to take a card, some people do this anyway. The seem like a good idea but I'd really want to know more about them.

Ok, I've been doing some looking into these. I've installed iZettle and have ordered the SumUp card reader coz it's free and may possibly work with iZettle who charge £20 for the reader. Payleven isn't ready for the android market so that's out, their app also wants lots of access to stuff it really doesn't need access to.

There's a chip and pin reader available too, does the same sort of thing but costs about £50 to set up. TBH, I have to say that a signature is probably safer than PIN, you can't easily oversee someone's signature and type it in.

seems like a good idea and a good way too make all lives easier for the self employed lad. But I can see a lot of negative reactions from customers when you say "just swipe here" haha. They will defiantly think you're a fraudster. How secure it is! Is another question. Plus it's all traceable and the taxman can see it.

seems like a good idea and a good way too make all lives easier for the self employed lad. But I can see a lot of negative reactions from customers when you say "just swipe here" haha. They will defiantly think you're a fraudster. How secure it is! Is another question. Plus it's all traceable and the taxman can see it.

It looks like the kind of thing the charity muggers in towns and cities are using so I'm assuming that if the larger charities are using them then security isn't too much of a problem. Having said that, I am having a talk with a mate of mine who was in, errr, internet security? I think that's the polite way to say it. To be honest I don't think it'll get much if any use and most customers will still pay cash or directly into my account but hey, it's another option for the few that insist they can't get to the bank and don't use the web ;-)

Reply to app for payment on i phone in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net