Discuss Applying Diversity to separate Oven & Hob in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm trying to determine the appropiate load to install a separate oven and ceramic hob (in a domestic kitchen). Obviously I will apply diversity to provide a suitably rated protective device & cable. However, I'm scratching my head on how to apply the diversity:

Is it:

1) Oven & hob total load in kw, then apply diversity = calculated load

OR

2) Apply diversity to the total load of each individually, then combine to calculate load

The OSG (table A2) refers to 10a + 30% fl of connected cooking appliances. So am I right in thinking it's 1?

Yes I agree with Tel too!!

Alternatively you can check the manuf instructions. They sometimes contain the loading with diversity applied --- job done for you!

Thanks chaps for the quick responce, I can get on with my quote now!

Manufacturer only gives total load for each appliance (4.2+6.7kw respectively), but does specify connecting each appliance with 3c 2.5.

Re: Applying Diversity to separate Oven & Hob

yep.good old 6mm on a 32A MCB. good for that little load.

- - - Updated - - -

but i'd use 4mm flex on the hob, myself.

Manufacturer only gives total load for each appliance (4.2+6.7kw respectively) said:
Fitted a nice Kenwood (?) style all electric range cooker at the week-end and the instructions had kindly given the load with diversity applied and the cable to be used to connect with ....... cant beat following manuf instructions!

Reply to Applying Diversity to separate Oven & Hob in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net