Discuss Apprentice Electricians and failed exams in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

dansk

-
Reaction score
Looking for some advice please - My stepson is 3rd year apprentice

Can anyone tell me: If the apprentice fails his exams, who's time does the resits come out of? The company or the apprentice (i.e unpaid leave)

Looking for some advice please - My stepson is 3rd year apprentice

Can anyone tell me: If the apprentice fails his exams, who's time does the resits come out of? The company or the apprentice (i.e unpaid leave)
Depends what the Boss is like

he's making him take it unpaid, just wondered if this is the norm.
Like I said some bosses are sympathetic and some aren't how much time are we talking about? 1/2 a day? Might make him try harder if he is losing a bit of cash.

Not sure what the norm is, but if it was me I would be making him take it unpaid as well, as well as paying the resit costs[unless there is an exceptional reason for failing the first time of course]. He's already been paid to sit the exam as it is.

As an aside @dansk, how do you think he's getting in with the training? Does he ask you a bunch of questions and chat about ideas?
I know that the apprentices at work get the retake paid by the company once then it's up to them.
Everyone learns differently at different speeds, I know the answer to questions that others have no idea about and that's because of the time I've spent on here and in the bath (with a book!)
Does he search the forum?

Reply to Apprentice Electricians and failed exams in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net