Discuss Apprentice Pat Tester. Is This For Real. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Coach

-
Reaction score
Saw this today in my area. Whatever next, Just a way to pay small wages. How can you be an apprentice Pat Tester when the C&G course is only a couple of days.

An old school electrician.

Apprentice Pat Tester
Rpat 3 reviews - Preston
£3.50 an hour - Apprenticeship
Rpat is on the Look our for its next Key Learner.

We require highly motivated people with a get up and go attitude, Ideally you will have your own transport.

During the 12 Months you will learn: -

All elements of the trade Pat Testing

Qualifications, you will achieve: - C&G 2377,

Level 3 Award in the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment

Elements of the Role

How to Use Content Management System, (CMS/CRM)

Records Management, Issuing Certificates of Compliance

How to generate business, Telesales & Networking like a Boss

Social Media Management

Job Type: Apprenticeship

Salary: £3.50 /hour

Required licence or certification:

• transport

1 day ago - save job

» Apply Now

Please review all application instructions before applying to Rpat.

Be the first to apply to this job on Indeed.

Whether it is your cuppa tea or not I agree with Coach that is is a way to flog someone and pay them a pittance, £3.50 an hour! Wonder what they have to do to supplement that.

Whether it is your cuppa tea or not I agree with Coach that is is a way to flog someone and pay them a pittance, £3.50 an hour! Wonder what they have to do to supplement that.
Don't know if I right, but is it no against the law to pay anyone anything below the NLW as well as advertising it.

@Pete999 apprenticeships are different rates and sadly that is probably the legal rate.

I'm with you Pete I thought it was illegal as well. Mind you i thought slave labour had been abolished as well, obviously not.

Nothing wrong with a days PAT testing in between other things (tin hat on ready). :)

12 months training though ?, really. Think they need to get off the wacky backy

@Pete999 apprenticeships are different rates and sadly that is probably the legal rate.
Lets be real, apprentice PATester? they will show him how to use the tester, fill in the forms etc Apprentice my rear end, slave labour more like, how can you be an apprentice for something that needs NO qualifications?

Last edited:
Totally agree mate I was purely answering the question about apprenticeship rates.

Saw this today in my area. Whatever next, Just a way to pay small wages. How can you be an apprentice Pat Tester when the C&G course is only a couple of days.

An old school electrician.

Apprentice Pat Tester
Rpat 3 reviews - Preston
£3.50 an hour - Apprenticeship
Rpat is on the Look our for its next Key Learner.

We require highly motivated people with a get up and go attitude, Ideally you will have your own transport.

During the 12 Months you will learn: -

All elements of the trade Pat Testing

Qualifications, you will achieve: - C&G 2377,

Level 3 Award in the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment

Elements of the Role

How to Use Content Management System, (CMS/CRM)

Records Management, Issuing Certificates of Compliance

How to generate business, Telesales & Networking like a Boss

Social Media Management

Job Type: Apprenticeship

Salary: £3.50 /hour

Required licence or certification:

• transport

1 day ago - save job

» Apply Now

Please review all application instructions before applying to Rpat.

Be the first to apply to this job on Indeed.
Might apply, the only thing letting me down is get up and go, I haven't got any

More like 'got up and went' now eh @Pete999 - the way I get out of bed on the mornings now - and I've only just hit 50! It's all the hard work and no lie downs during the day!
I'll be 71 in July mate I I lost my get up and go about 10 years back, Apprentice PATester, I know it's early but that did make me chuckle.

Apprentices are minimum wage of £3.50 per hour for the first year of their apprenticeship - regardless of age.

Whatever the rate that can be paid may be unclear,but what is perfectly clear is that unscrupulous companies can and will pay as little as circumstances and the law will allow

Taking the pee out of our young by paying slave wage rates and conning them with blatant lying about the value of the job,it will not shake their morals, for they possess none at the outset,they are little more than scumbags

Apprentice PA tester well thats a trade to get into, cheap labour for a year is what that is. Each to there own i suppose but it does not take a year to train somebody to test portable appliances the qualification is only 2 days at a good college. experience not necessary as you would have shot yourself after the first few weeks.

Reply to Apprentice Pat Tester. Is This For Real. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock