Discuss Apprenticeship completion in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Our apprentice has completed their apprenticeship, having successfully completed their NVQ portfolio & marking, and AM2 last year.
They were signed up to a 'proper' apprenticeship in 2017, and we received a grant etc.

They have received certificates for the AM2 and NVQ Level 3 (which was 3 pages long listing all the units), however the college where it was administered has advised that they won't receive anything else.

Do they not still receive an overall apprenticeship completion certificate?
This is something I got personally.
I also got the 16th Ed cert and certificate for the theory part that you do on release before starting the NVQ (I've forgotten what thats called)- is this no longer provided?
They had no other certificates from 2017 until now (the NVQ and AM2) with the college advising that they do not release any certificates until the end.

- The date the NVQ portfolio was processed appears to be last month.
Should we therefore change their PAYE national insurance category letter from H to A in the next PAYE submission?

If it makes a difference, their end date on the initial agreement was october last year, however there were no AM2s available and the apprentice has not been allowed to attend the college for any reason since March last year as they would only allow full time students into the building for any reason.

Thanks.

So who was the "proper" apprenticeship administered by I would have thought they were responsible for signing off the completion of the apprenticeship

To be honest, I'm not really sure!
I am only aware it is not JTL, as everything has been through or arranged by the college itself.
The AM2 was done somewhere else (booked by the college), the cert says 'National Electrotechnical Training', and the NVQ 3 cert is C&G

I have since found this article;
Apprenticeship Completion during the current Covid-19 crisis | Electrotechnical Certification Scheme - https://www.ecscard.org.uk/content/Apprenticeship-Completion-during-the-current-Covid

which states
"The JIB has been informed by training providers that the apprenticeship registration body (Apprenticeship Certificates England (ACE)) will not be printing apprenticeship completion certificates during the current Covid-19 crisis. Training providers claiming apprenticeship completions will be provided with a confirmation email from ACE with a formal certificate being forwarded once they become available."

I assume this mean that 'ACE' are responsible for provision of a completion cert, with the local college acting with them as the training provider.

Perhaps the college meant that no further certification would be provided- by the college.

To be honest, I'm not really sure!
I am only aware it is not JTL, as everything has been through or arranged by the college itself.
The AM2 was done somewhere else (booked by the college), the cert says 'National Electrotechnical Training', and the NVQ 3 cert is C&G

I have since found this article;
Apprenticeship Completion during the current Covid-19 crisis | Electrotechnical Certification Scheme - https://www.ecscard.org.uk/content/Apprenticeship-Completion-during-the-current-Covid

which states
"The JIB has been informed by training providers that the apprenticeship registration body (Apprenticeship Certificates England (ACE)) will not be printing apprenticeship completion certificates during the current Covid-19 crisis. Training providers claiming apprenticeship completions will be provided with a confirmation email from ACE with a formal certificate being forwarded once they become available."

I assume this mean that 'ACE' are responsible for provision of a completion cert, with the local college acting with them as the training provider.

Perhaps the college meant that no further certification would be provided- by the college.

Did you get a resolution on this? We are going through a similar thing. Nobody seems to know who issues the Apprenticeship Completion Certificate; they just say that we'll get it through the post. Thanks

Reply to Apprenticeship completion in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock