Discuss Apprenticeship experiences in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Firstly, not sure if this is the right section, and I realise Apprenticeships have changed dramatically since my day.

But hey ho never mind, just wondering what experiences / exploits members recall from their time during training. I have memories of becoming good friends with the different blokes I trained with, I was lucky, as will others, I left school and joined a firm in my home town, Bath, we did everything from working in old Georgian houses in the likes of Great Pulteny Street, the Royal Crescent and the likes to working in local factories, new builds, and even stringing Christmas decorations.

I had two or three very good mentors, and lots of bad ones, one guy actually got the sack for taking too long on a job, he spent time teaching me, something I have never forgotten, glad to say he got his job back, sadly he died some 20 years ago far to early for such a nice bloke.

I used to get teased for being keen to learn, I'm glad I did though, different now I guess, time changes lots of things. I would like to hear of experiences old and young, so get typing.

I have had a few good mentors, one in particular Dave (cass) wonder if he still alive.? Never used any electrical tools drill etc, had raw plug tool and brazen bit for drill thought joist's, always wore a tie and shirt under his overalls, with those arm bands (silver) on his shirt, don't know what they are called. He used to make me sweep and sheet the loft before he would go up in it. BUT boy did he know his stuff. If he is still alive he must be in his late 80's. Respect Cass.

Reply to Apprenticeship experiences in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net