Discuss approved document legal requirements in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rob69

Hi All, I Know that Approved documents are a guide to meeting building regs! I have a customer who wants a rewire but does not want the kitchen or bathroom vent fans fitted. I am correct in assuming that he does not have a choice ,the same as any Approved documents they have all got to be complied with????

as it's not a new build, get on with it and note on the cert. that fans have not been fitted at customer's request, but that you recommend them.

Would a Building control officer say the same, as this is the route I am going????

If work other than the rewire in the rooms came under Building control then they would most likely want the fans fitted.
As it's only a rewire it won't involve a B.C visit.

Hi Snowhead , sorry but your reply is not very clear ! Surely a rewire requires notification (inc DB) and it should also bring the premises up to the current regs. Anybody got any views please!!!!!

Hi Snowhead , sorry but your reply is not very clear ! Surely a rewire requires notification (inc DB) and it should also bring the premises up to the current regs. Anybody got any views please!!!!!

Yes a rewire requires notification. Yes it should be installed to current regs, BS7671 that is. There is nothing in BS7671 that requires ventilation to be installed during a rewire. Ventilation falls under the building regs part F, which only applies to new builds and new build areas such as extensions.

Yes a rewire requires notification. Yes it should be installed to current regs, BS7671 that is. There is nothing in BS7671 that requires ventilation to be installed during a rewire. Ventilation falls under the building regs part F, which only applies to new builds and new build areas such as extensions.[/QUOTE

SPOT ON. and there is also no requirement to fit smoke detectors on a rewire, either, but most of us do as a matter of course.

Reply to approved document legal requirements in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock