Discuss Aqualisa Shower Fault Finding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jaydub

-
Reaction score
A customer has an aqualisa shower which has recently stopped working. So far I cannot pinpoint the exact model but I believe it to be an 'axis'.

Now, it's got power to the processor unit, however there doesn't seem to be anything going on at the shower controls, which is joined to the processor unit by a data cable.

I cannot contact aqualisa until tomorrow now, so just out of interest wanted to see if anybody else has encountered these showers and if there are any common faults?

It has a 'status' led that is flashing red if that helps, probably doesn't though!

Installed supplies to a few but never had to fault find on one. However, (and I may be wrong) i'm not sure if there are any serviceable parts in the units. You could download the installation manual for the unit and see if there is anything regarding problems in there. You could also test the data cable with a LAN tester to make sure that is good.

Yeah i think you could be right about the serviceable parts. Unfortunately the data cable only has a data connector on the processor end and some stupid IP rated connection at the shower end so I can't test it with a lan tester. And as for the installation manual, the customer binned their copy and I cant seem to find anything online for it, especially as the unit doesn't seem to have a model number on it haha

Some bloody company they are.

I'd be seriously thinking about changing it, you can get a decent electric shower for sensible money now and the customer gets reliable showering and peace of mind.

True that, I think you're onto something there Midwest! I was just hoping that someone would miraculously pipe up with 'hey I know exactly what that is, i fixed the same problem last week' Haha

Might be worth checking the water pressure before you speak to the company as they will probably be asking for it , water pressure at the shower that is ...

I'd be seriously thinking about changing it, you can get a decent electric shower for sensible money now and the customer gets reliable showering and peace of mind.

You'd replace an aqualisa thermostatic shower with a crappy electric shower unit? Is that just for the extra money made in running a new supply?

You'd replace an aqualisa thermostatic shower with a crappy electric shower unit? Is that just for the extra money made in running a new supply?

The Aqualisa Quartz electrics don't last long, I've got one which I've changed once and one of our customers has changed his twice. Aqualisa will supply a replacement 'engine' at almost the cost of a complete new shower. Best avoided.
Good luck with the digital OP, I suspect it'll be a replacement unit.

Dave there's an old saying that goes something like 'People with tact have less to retract'. The truth is that I made the assumption [mortals often do] that the problem shower was an electric one already, not a thermostatic or pumped thermostatic unit.
Knowing how spare parts are often ridiculously priced and who knows what might go wrong next and when I merely suggested that a 'like for like' replacement might be a sensible solution - not necessarily the same brand though. And not all electric showers are 'crappy', hundreds of thousands would disagree.
Finally you don't know me and to insinuate that I'd be vying to create unnecessary work to make money is very offensive, I work very hard to be as competitive and provide the best value for money that I can whilst still doing high quality work, the amount of customers that recommend me and the amount of work that I have to turn down suggests that I must be doing something right.

What was the result Jaydub?

My friggin Aqualisa has decided to come out in sympathy, and started to slowly, drip drip. Engineered obsolescence. :(

it's really quite simple. if a hammer won't fix it, it's an electrical fault.

I didn't truly get to the bottom of it but I found out the status LED was indicating that it was a control panel fault, the client had already tried a new control panel so I can't see that it is anything to do with that. I ruled out the possibility of a water-based problem such as limescale ruining the internals of the pump system as the customer has an older aqualisa system in the other shower in her house. There's power to the processor, so I can only assume at this point it's the processor unit that is the problem. So I pronounced it dead at the scene and left it at that!

My client also encountered the same situation. Model LOGIC MODULE 4315 has power but no status indicators.

My client also encountered the same situation. Model LOGIC MODULE 4315 has power but no status indicators.
think after 5 years he's either fixed it or bought a new one. either way, he'll stink if he's not done anything.

Reply to Aqualisa Shower Fault Finding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock