Discuss are both my trackers working? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

provr6

I have split roofs and an Sma 3600 TL inverter and have only just looked at it properly. When the on screen display switches between input A & B, input B registers 0v and 0A although the power figure changes. (input A registers about 360v)

It is cloudy at the moment and no sun in the sky. Is anything wrong or could all the panels be connected to one input? (There looks like there are 4 cables going into 2 different locations). I would be very surprised if they were all connected together as I discussed this with my installer and is the reason for using a dual inverter.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

I had the same all wired to one tracker.

If you have a pair of wires entering each side of the breaker thing at the bottom then its OK. If you have four wires to one side then all wired into one (not good)

So do you have 4 wires connected on the A side? If so you may be at risk of overcurrent, although with spilt roof arrays you'll be ok.

Get your installer back out as it sounds like they have plugged the DC incorrectly into the inverter.

just had a look and they have been all wired to one input (nothing has been wired to input B)

I understand that some dual-input inverters can have two arrays (with the same roof aspect) running into one of the inputs, as long as a connection is made from the first to the second tracker input (i.e. the power splits across the two inputs once it is inside the inverter).

But to be sure that all is well, contact the company/person that installed the equipment.

Installer has confirmed they should be wired into A & B and is coming back to correct it on Monday.

There is indeed 4 cables wired into input A. They are from two different aspect roofs and have unequal strings (1x6 from one roof and 1x8 from the other) (SMA Manual states they should be equal).

Don't know about overcurrent. Should I turn the power off or will they be ok till Monday?

Reply to are both my trackers working? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net