Discuss are customers all so tight????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fancypantsyeah

:wink_smile: i just ot a job doing a smallish indusrial job,, the good folk of electricians forum helped me with some of my quieries.... thanks for ya help all who helped me..
any ways just priced him for a new ,1- 100A kwh meter , 1- metal enclosure for meter to live in,,,lol,,, 1- 8way 3phase DB,, 5 - 3phase mcb's,,, 4single phase mcb's,, 15 meters of 25mm2 SWA,,, 15 meters 16mm2 earth cable,,,,,,plus works to install it and seperate the unit next door which he wants to let from the main building,, there are some existin ccts to split from the main building and put othere own , which means tracing the cct's cables disconnecting from the old supply, and a PIR... ect, ect... i rcon i would be there 3 days ...
i told him 1100 pound .... i though to me this was very reasonable .......
when i told him he looked at me like i just raped his mother..lol.....and ave it it i'l have to think about ot and all the rest of the tactics to see if you will drop ya price... ...i stuck to my guns,,, and it paid off ....
do you guyss think that this price sounds over the top......this customer is reselling his energy for qite a bit more than he pays for it and the unit will be let out as a business,,,,, IN SHORT THE GUY AINT SKINT,,, HIS HAS A BOB OR 2.....
#INPUT WILL BA APPRIECIATED....THANKS

:wink_smile: i just ot a job doing a smallish indusrial job,, the good folk of electricians forum helped me with some of my quieries.... thanks for ya help all who helped me..
any ways just priced him for a new ,1- 100A kwh meter , 1- metal enclosure for meter to live in,,,lol,,, 1- 8way 3phase DB,, 5 - 3phase mcb's,,, 4single phase mcb's,, 15 meters of 25mm2 SWA,,, 15 meters 16mm2 earth cable,,,,,,plus works to install it and seperate the unit next door which he wants to let from the main building,, there are some existin ccts to split from the main building and put othere own , which means tracing the cct's cables disconnecting from the old supply, and a PIR... ect, ect... i rcon i would be there 3 days ...
i told him 1100 pound .... i though to me this was very reasonable .......
when i told him he looked at me like i just raped his mother..lol.....and ave it it i'l have to think about ot and all the rest of the tactics to see if you will drop ya price... ...i stuck to my guns,,, and it paid off ....
do you guyss think that this price sounds over the top......this customer is reselling his energy for qite a bit more than he pays for it and the unit will be let out as a business,,,,, IN SHORT THE GUY AINT SKINT,,, HIS HAS A BOB OR 2.....
#INPUT WILL BA APPRIECIATED....THANKS

:nono::nono:

"IN SHORT THE GUY AINT SKINT,,, HIS HAS A BOB OR 2....."

I can tell from your style of writing that you're a young lad with much to learn.

When you get to be near my age, you'll have learned that those who have "a bob or two" have it because they know very well how to hang onto it!! :)

The resale price for energy should be the price paid by the landlord + VAT. BUT it’s not your problem, it’s the new tenants. Once you’ve finished pocket your money and walk away.

Nobody got rich by being generous.

Two years ago, for a laugh, I once quoted £1,000 to completely rewire a notoriously tight customer's 3 bed 1930's semi.

He declined, saying it was too expensive !!!!

In the last two months I have priced up for two small industrial units on different sites. Neither client has got back to me. So I can assume that somebody has undercut me. Am I bovered? Not at all. I know how much things cost, the design, labour and materials involved. That I'm afraid is business....

this kind of reaction is standard for all successfull businessmen when you tell them your price, so dont take it seriously!

they are allways looking for a good deal(not nessecarily a cheap job but a deal none the less)

so even if it means giving him a slightly inflated price initially to allow for this so you can give him his 'deal' then everyones a winner

you initial price i felt was on the cheap side for the materials you have quoted
so i doubt this was an issue

for reference on this subject please search you tube.....monty python life of brian 'market scene'

well done for sticking to your price and not getting knocked down!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all your repies to this thread.....you are all right in what you are saying that the people with the most money are the tightest .....lol.......thanks again chaps.........

Reply to are customers all so tight????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net