Discuss Are you going to work in this weather? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are you going to work in the snow?

• Yep.

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Trying.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • You have to be kidding.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

considering whether to go and do a shower job. otherwise, call-outs only

Drove the wife to work, being the lovely husband that I am. Am now at mums making some bacon butties on a george foreman.
Had some work to do, but I think I'm not going much further than here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.......

If I can get the motor out, that is. Only a little shower job today, a board change tomorrow, and I think that'll be it unless people wat to pay extra for call outs.

Not to bad here was out at 5.30 this morning bit icy but nothing major

think can go and do a couple of checks on wylex recall mcbs. quite local, money in the bank

On the whole yes - still out there when we have to be.

We've suspended some jobs, and mostly trying just to concentrate on call out work, but if we can get there we will.

On a related note, amazing the number of folks have asked us to invoice them up front - before the VAT rise, even where we've clearly said we won't be there til after. The things even VAT registered business will do for a perceived saving (yeah, it won't make a difference to them!)!

No work today, and a fat chance of doing any in the not to distant given the forecast :(

I have urgent paperwork in front of me,but even with the weather as it is,I cant motivate myself for this hated task :mad:
It doesn't help that I even find the forum in a different league interest wise :)

No work today, and a fat chance of doing any in the not to distant given the forecast :(

I have urgent paperwork in front of me,but even with the weather as it is,I cant motivate myself for this hated task :mad:
It doesn't help that I even find the forum in a different league interest wise :)

It's a problem we're all having I think -

I'm looking at a quote (literally, just looking!) - I've been trying to complete over the weekend, and the stupid thing is it's worth big money to us potentially, but can I get motivated to finish the damn thing?

I've got the year end and a VAT return stacked up behind that, several other smaller quotes, work for the website, marketing strategy for next year, QMS review, and countless other things.

And what am I doing? Having an away day on the Forum and Twitter! Bad me!

It's a problem we're all having I think -

I've got the year end and a VAT return stacked up behind that, several other smaller quotes, work for the website, marketing strategy for next year, QMS review, and countless other things.

Bad me!

Now thats the motivation I need
Des If you dont make the effort it will get out of control :)

Tried Friday.....failed:(, gave the weekend a miss:p, tried today in the van.....mixed results (stuck 4 times):mad:, going in the Jeep tomorrow success assured.:cool:

I have the lovely prospect of a 470 mile round trip tomorrow. Lots of fun.

Feel like an ice road trucker getting to and from work at the moment, never seen so many accidents in my life!

But yes I'm presevering and going in everyday no matter what (got a rhino bucket full of grit sand and a shovel in the back just in case)

Well been out today van frozen solid and temps averaged -4 most of the day got flask out of the van first thing left it in over the weekend and it was frozen solid , main road conditions were ok but side roads well skating rinks i can tell you loads of ice about did 4 jobs no heating ,total power faiure and another 2 heating jobs got loads to do but cant get to them one almost on the beach down a hill 1/4 narrow for 2 miles but in general not to bad walked 1 miles down a lane to an elderly lady with no heating sheet ice now that was fun bitch when i had to go back to the van for an MCB

Nice sintra , just take it easy out there mate

Will see how it goes in the morning. Motorways for most of the trip so should be ok.

Reply to Are you going to work in this weather? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock