Discuss Arranging NIC/NAPIT assessment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm just about to start on my own and been wondering, how do you guys arrange your assessment visit to the customers properties?
Are the customers happy for you to turn up with an assessor to their houses?
I will not be able to access a property while customer is not in.
Could you point me in a right direction how you managing lining up the visit.
Will help me a lot!
cheers

When you first join a scheme, the first assessment is usually work on your own house, like a CU change or some now circuits.
In Napit's case, a year later ,in theory you line up three possible visits and the assessor chooses one.
In reality you have one arranged, preferably with keys, and you give him 2 other addresses of work you did that he elects not to choose. At least that's how it usually works out for me!
It's not really a big problem in reality, I wouldn't worry about it.

As above I have only ever show one job , and other sparks I know have only ever shown one job

I am not sure where this 3 jobs has come from

Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated.
Yes, NICEIC requested 3 jobs for approved contractor scheme, I need it for carrying out EICR's which are in high demand in my area.
Might be worth considering Napit for a start.

Thanks!

You technically don’t need it for carrying out EICRs though some clients especially in the rented sector may expect you to be in a scheme.
Both Napit and NICEIC will want 18th edition, 2 years experience and level 3 NVQs now (according to my understanding)
I’m with Napit mainly because they were more helpful and organised. NICEIC is better known.
Let us know how you get on.

Most Agents and Private LandLords in my area want their EICR to come with the NIC label on it , just how it is these days
Indeed, and occasionally I have to explain that NICEIC isn't in fact a qualification and that other scams competent person schemes are available to deprive us of our life blood annual subscription.

Indeed, and occasionally I have to explain that NICEIC isn't in fact a qualification and that other scams competent person schemes are available to deprive us of our life blood annual subscription.
I wish I had a pound for every time someone has asked if I am PArtP qualified or NIC qualified

Hold on a minute

Ellie Taylor Thinking GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

The NIC and PArtPee should join forces and start to do some Qualifications ( they can pay me a commission for coming up with the idea )

Reply to Arranging NIC/NAPIT assessment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net