Discuss Ashp external wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Anyone installing ecodan heat pumps? Best cable type for wiring from rotary to heat pump unit? Trying to stay away from swa due to limited space with security cage.

richy3333

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
We always fit SWA and dont gland into the side where the knockouts are but underneath! Have seen other companies use PVC/PVC in a bit of Flexi con but it looks w&^%.

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score

David Prosser

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
That’s really interesting. Does it have a special sort of boot gland to separate power from data at termination?
No it goes through a waterproof unit, or a stuffing gland if not for submersible units and then split out in the connection housing. I would say control voltages not data but if I can find out who actually manufactures it I will let you know as we can get pretty much any configuration we want.

David Prosser

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I went straight for the table on the flyer so didnt see them, i see theres some IEC ones mentioned further up, so does bs7671 allow us to use this?
It's in literally hundreds of thousands of installation across the UK. So I would be hopeful it does. It could be that they are willing to prove it is above BS7671 standards as the information on the website clearly states it's superiority to H07RN. My opinion it's the same but with added control cables.

Reply to Ashp external wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net