Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Ashp in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jason121

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anyone know how to improve flow rate on ASHP for hot water system, works fine on central heating , goes into fault code flow rate when heating my tank.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

jason121

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
about 10m on 22mm but have tile bathroom floor

im dont do ASHP but im getting into it, from what i know that sounds ok for when the pump is on the otherside of the wall to the tank, but 10m run may need a wider pipe to get more water flowing. just a thought, but logicaly thinking how else can you increase the flow rate? faster pump?

jason121

-
Arms
trying to look for an easy solution but dont think there is one, might have to a buffer tank fitted, MCS are hot on build load design, make sure your do your homework, the course i was on didnt go deep enough into the sizing and heat load calcs

Gavin A

-
Arms
what size heat pump is it?

I'm just wondering if it's oversized for supplying just the hot water tank heat demand alone, and the heat pump isn't able to modulate down low enough to cope with the relatively low heat demand from the hot water tank.

I'd be amazed if 22mm pipe wasn't big enough for a 10m run.

was at husky heat pumps last week and they had an awesome online tool, very indepth and they are mostly installers rather then pen pushers.

jason121

-
Arms
9kw panasonic. Says 50 litres min total volume and 18l /min flow rate

Gavin A

-
Arms
Did you fit an AAV to the hot water tank feed?

sounds like a partial airlock to me.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Ashp in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom