NICEIC Certification Scheme Assessment niceic

Discuss Assessment niceic in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rakooos

Hello i have a assessment date due on February. Don't know what type of certificate i can use to fill in or when i can get them. Could you help me please ? Thank you

Hi Rakooos,

ill be honest with you, I'm concerned you have no clue.

If you don't even know what sort of certificate to fill in for a job i have concerns about your ability to be working alone.

a tip, you need to just fill in a generic certificate you can find in the back of BS7671, you can download them online.

Don't forget your bankers card that what they are interested in mostly.

Hello i have a assessment date due on February. Don't know what type of certificate i can use to fill in or when i can get them. Could you help me please ? Thank you

The other members have asked the same question I am about to ask. What do you mean by you don't know what certificates to fill in.
1- are you ready for an assesment if you don't know what certs to fill in
2- can we have a bit more info on your background, experience and qualifications
3- And this is the most important one, do you realise that you should be testing and certing everyone of your jobs and not doing it just for the Nic Assesment.

Can you please answer the above questions before we go any further.

It was 5 for AC last year, and I think 1 for DI Are we now saying only 3 for AC

Things are getting better then???

Pete they must be getting busier because our's should have been this month but it is now looking like the end of feb due to demand.

Not like they really do much anyway. The last time my old boss had his the guy was in and out like a shot because it was a noisy site. So he was even using unfinished jobs as well. Money talks basically. The inspector is a sound guy though in all honesty.

Not like they really do much anyway. The last time my old boss had his the guy was in and out like a shot because it was a noisy site. So he was even using unfinished jobs as well. Money talks basically. The inspector is a sound guy though in all honesty.

I have to be honest and say the guy we had was spot on, he asked for 5 jobs at least 1 had to be Domestic, which is something we do very little of but luckily had a rewire just before. We showed him that plus had a list to choose from and he even counted a periodic we were in the middle of at a wmc and came and took a look at the kind of coding we were applying and agreed with what we had down on the fail list. Then it was a couple of hours in the office going through calibration certs and insurances etc.
Credit where it's due the fella spent all day with us and was very thorough and seemed genuinley interested in everything being correct.

It was 5 for AC last year, and I think 1 for DI Are we now saying only 3 for AC

It always used to be 3 for DI and 5 for AC, it's iblyvthst I called the NICEIC last week to ask when they want to see me as it's been 18 months, they said it's only 3 now for AC not 5, I suspect DI gas dropped to just 1 like Elecsa (I think)

I have to be honest and say the guy we had was spot on, he asked for 5 jobs at least 1 had to be Domestic, which is something we do very little of but luckily had a rewire just before. We showed him that plus had a list to choose from and he even counted a periodic we were in the middle of at a wmc and came and took a look at the kind of coding we were applying and agreed with what we had down on the fail list. Then it was a couple of hours in the office going through calibration certs and insurances etc.
Credit where it's due the fella spent all day with us and was very thorough and seemed genuinley interested in everything being correct.

The old boy I had last time spent the entire day with me, I think he has retired as it's a new bloke now apparently. I had to show him 5 jobs.

Thank guys for replying. I normally filling in the NICEIC certificates and these are signed by my boss. But for assesment im not able to use them. I just ask where i can found some good examples of certs. Thanks

It always used to be 3 for DI and 5 for AC, it's iblyvthst I called the NICEIC last week to ask when they want to see me as it's been 18 months, they said it's only 3 now for AC not 5, I suspect DI gas dropped to just 1 like Elecsa (I think)

I only do Electrics :rofl:

Reply to Assessment niceic in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net