Discuss Assessment Questions? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisgc

Hi

Just wondering on average (as know every assessment is not the same) how many questions and what questions are generally asked on NICEIC/Elecsa assessments?

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
demonstration of safe isolation, testing etc. questions on what to expect when you measure x.y.z. some tecchy questions you can look up if unsure. nobody knows it all. the main thing is showing competence and safe working at all times.

Guitarist

Regular EF Member
Hundreds mate. You will be grilled for hours until you are a sobbing mess on the floor, shaking in the foetal position....

Seriously tho, about 10-20 questions I would guess, half on BS7671, and the other half on the Building regs. Probably depends how well you answer as to how many the assessor asks. Can't remember all mine, as it is now a blur....
I was definitely asked about max zs for a 32A MCB, the 3 common types of supply, max. diameter of holes in a joist. I must have answered fairly well as I got an "A", though not sure exactly how.

Richard Burns

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I keep getting Ze questions, but the building regs part (fairly appropriately) also comes up a lot, though I do not think I have been asked about Part P of the Building regs! A, C, F, yes.

OP
S

Swicade

With the new gradeing system 'A' = Average......:35:

:tounge_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.