Discuss At the cinema, you learnt anything yet?!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My apologies - that seems to be the method actors real hair - now that IS professional. Aside that, they’re having to rush through the chapters because of the initial faffing and history lesson!

My apologies - that seems to be the method actors real hair - now that IS professional. Aside that, they’re having to rush through the chapters because of the initial faffing and history lesson!
Yes a bit of a waste of 3 hours, Darren Staniforth and Tony Cable's dip into method acting was nauseating.

Yep, cost us a fortune for very little. Rather than the theatricals would have been better to explain surge protection at the DB. T1/T2 and then again to AC items on a roof as it leaves a zone etc. Think I need to learn more about that. They used an example of T3 surge to protect a FA Panel (assume addressible due to higher amount of electronics) not sufficient explanation provided. On EV chargers no mention of the IET book on Code of Practice on EV charging as that had additional points of interest. They had adverts on everything else but not on their EV course which was ok, even though it was centered on Rolec products which is fine. Departures worth considering to get out of installing ARC protection until they have the single modules available and at sensible price point. Think the guy they interviewed was suggesting hold off perhaps thats why its a recommendation at this point. Interesting to see what the rest of you think. Ok back to work now.

Yep, cost us a fortune for very little. Rather than the theatricals would have been better to explain surge protection at the DB. T1/T2 and then again to AC items on a roof as it leaves a zone etc. Think I need to learn more about that. They used an example of T3 surge to protect a FA Panel (assume addressible due to higher amount of electronics) not sufficient explanation provided. On EV chargers no mention of the IET book on Code of Practice on EV charging as that had additional points of interest. They had adverts on everything else but not on their EV course which was ok, even though it was centered on Rolec products which is fine. Departures worth considering to get out of installing ARC protection until they have the single modules available and at sensible price point. Think the guy they interviewed was suggesting hold off perhaps thats why its a recommendation at this point. Interesting to see what the rest of you think. Ok back to work now.
Agree far too much time telling us what we could have learnt from reading the BBB, not enough time explaining how SPDs and APDs are to be connected into CUs, also EV took about 4 minutes where in reality more time was needed, too much time watching some past it actor pretending to be Faraday, I have learnt more watching paint dry.

Agreed, they should have focused on the regs instead of the theatrics.

It was good but could have been much better.

Need way more info on SPDs, AFDDs and mostly EV charging.

Even the NICEIC looked slightly confused about some of it.
Well that's par for the course FSU.

What I find even more unbelievable than people attending this pantomime is that some have paid for the privilege. How often on here are the schemes referred to as money making scams yet you are willing to pay them for this farce:tearsofjoy:

The BBC presenter, could have worn a jacket that fitted him though, he was very good it has to be said, apart from the coat.

So will we find a reference of how "scams" cheaply trained electricians with their useful £5 movie.
... making it all seem affordable/easily accessible,
big happy family ...
(rather than a PR ... we care stunt)
--Want answers-- now hand over the real Cash-- !

The BBC presenter, could have worn a jacket that fitted him though, he was very good it has to be said, apart from the coat.
It was a waste of them paying him to read an autocue. It was corny and uncomfortable to watch. Darren and Alan Wells could have presented it with more input from Mark Coles.

It was a waste of them paying him to read an autocue. It was corny and uncomfortable to watch. Darren and Alan Wells could have presented it with more input from Mark Coles.
Alan Wells, is he the guy that worked with TC on some of the early videos from NICEIC, if yes then they ought to prescribe his monotone voice for Insomnia, if I have the wrong person, sorry Alan.

Reply to At the cinema, you learnt anything yet?!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net