Discuss Attached Garage Wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What’s the norm these days for wiring an attached garage? Only entrance will be outside then in garage door. Best to run a supply to garage supplied by RCBO then have a small 2 way consumer & take the circuits from it? Or run a ring main to garage & come off existing house lighting circuit for the lights? I’m more thinking about if there’s nuisance tripping from power tools etc.

Reply to Attached Garage Wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok so the scenario is there is an old MICC or pyro 1.5mm 2 core cable supplying the garage run underground on a 16A circuit breaker that is RCD...
Replies
Views
Hi all New to this forum, looks like a hive of information. I'm wanting to upgrade my garage electrics - I'm not a qualified electrician, hence...
Replies
Views
I have a 4mm2 armored cable going from the CU in the house, under the drive and into the garage. The breaker for this is a 16 amp type B. I want...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post so appologies if this is not the place to ask. I'm after some help after receiving conflicting advise from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Short Version Is it permissible to have 2 feeds to 2 separate consumer units in a detached garage? Is it permissible to run SWA underground...
Replies
Views

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.