Discuss Aurora Enlite LED downlights and a dimmer switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

johnd1881

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone can help but I'm looking for some advice on LED downlights and dimmer switches. First of all I'm not an electrician and I don't intend to try and carry out any changes myself I'm just looking for some guidance.

A few years back a local electrician completed an extension on my behalf and in the main living room he installed 12 x Aurora Enlite EN-DE82SN LED 8w downlights in conjunction with an Aurora AU-DSP400X Dimmer Switch 2 way. The lights have been working fine until about 6 months ago but a couple have started to flicker on the medium/high setting on the dimmer. I've checked with Aurora directly and they have confirmed the that the dimmer is only rated for 10 lights and not 12.

So the question is where do I go from here? Does anyone know of a similar dimmer that will run 12 LED downlights, or should I just replace the dimmer with a standard on/off switch?

Unfortunately the electrician who installed the original lights is no longer around.

Aurora did kindly provide me with the below link but it seems there are no standard dimmers that will run 12 lights.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards

Reply to Aurora Enlite LED downlights and a dimmer switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a led panel that i want to dim. It is dimmable but without a dimmable driver. I have a dimmer module and a dimmer switch as shown in the...
Replies
Views
Hi :) I'm currently renovating my outbuilding. My electrician has fitted 10 conduit LEDs (that support both leading and trailing edge) and x4...
Replies
Views
I have purchased spotlights as below, but they are flickering when I dimmed them down to around 15-20%. We have installed 8 x ALUSSO LED Recessed...
Replies
Views
our dimmer switch stopped working after 7 years so went to replace it at the weekend. When I opened it up, the black wire was in the common slot...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone recommend a smart dimmer module for use with Aurora LED GU10s that remembers the dim setting on loss of power so that the lights...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock