Discuss aurora led in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jay b

-
Reaction score
Hi, anyone had any problems with aurora i 10 led non dimmable downlights ? Fitted 3 on a job 4 weeks ago and have now had 5 pack-up within the last 3 weeks. Fitted loads of the i10 dimmable ones and had no problems, supplier swaps them no problem but becoming a problem for customer and me :(
Jay

I've always used the Ansell Titan led ones, no problems, quality fitting, recommend to all.

This is really odd Aurora make excellent downlights and products in general. We sell hundreds of them and very rarely have problems. I can recall in the last year only having replaced 1. I would check the batch that they are from it may just be that they have been from a bad one. hey also come with 5 year warranty.

Also check the supplier you are using as they could be palming your off some duds, ie returned by someone else? If I were you I would just pop into a local wholesaler such as CEF, Denmans and see if they work any better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks energysavelight I always thought aurora are good, I have been getting them from yesss electrical? Never had prob before with them? They said they have asked aurora to test them, let's see if anything comes back but I thought maybe bad batch.

Yesss are a good national wholesalers as well so shouldn't have issues when them selling you crappy equipment. Hopefully a few tests and everything will be sorted. I'm sure these come with a 10 year warranty as well!

I have never heard of an LED lamp or light with more than a years warranty to be fair, however most should last around 5 years, aurora are usually a quality make and I am surprised you have had 5 pack up out of the 3 you fitted?

I know MJD I am now on number 7 ! I originally had them on PIR in kitchen so as you start questioning yourself so I put them on a normal switch on complete new circuit on there own that was after number 3. I installed 12 dimmable the same week has no problems but I now have a job next week where I need to install 4 led downlights non dimmable so what do I do? JCC? Don't like robust ???????? Other led available locally is saxby but that have had lots of returns on them in the last few weeks, maybe made buy same manufacturer.

Hi I fitted 23 non dimmable aurora i 10's two weeks ago and the next day one went off for 2 hours then came back on again. Still I went back today and replaced it. The annoying bit is it is 20 miles from my house and I don't get paid for it.

Reply to aurora led in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock