Discuss Auto Electricians Help?? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have an old style Benjys Sandwich Van that has a fault, the conversion company says an electrician should be able to do the works on it and they say to ask an auto electrician? it is the 12V work that needs doing on the van so ideally an electrician who understands the investor. I just need some help if someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for your help! Im based in South London.

ha oh yes! inverter, sorry! we have a one unit that converts the 240-12v and this seems to have blown its has 3 parts to it the water pump the water heater & the soup maker, there is electric going to it just nothing happening and because it its on the van when it did work it was draining on the main van battery? it is quite hard to explain, sorry! have you dealt with one before at all, every one keeps telling me its custom made.... many thanks

Hi,tell us the type and size (Watts) of the inverter,and the power requirement of the three items listed.
Sounds provisionally,like a case of cheap/under-powered inverter.

Sound like a poor set up if it’s also daring the main battery. Ideally you should have a secondary battery for the invertor taking the strain off the automotive battery.

Vehicle should be fitted with a split charge system and leisure battery. Although an inverter ( 12v dc to 240 ac) NOTE - depending on the wattage and what your running will depend on how long the battery lasts. Spilt charge system will prevent main battery being discharged so you can still start and drive. I'm too far away to check it over but heavy duty cables from your battery to the inverter are also recommended to prevent heat or risk of fire.

Reply to Auto Electricians Help?? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net