• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Automatic wire strippers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

ferg

Electrician's Arms
I'm going to get some automatic wire strippers to try and save me a little time and more importantly my wrists thumbs and paws in general.

Does anyone have any recommendations? along with limitations of sets they have.
I don't mind buying a couple of sets but really don't want to buy stuff to sit in a box.

I've come to the conclusion that if I don't start changing the way I work I have a future filled with bitterness and pain. :D

Thanks in advance as always. :)

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
CK or Klein. but you can't get closer to the cable entry than about 35mm.

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
I’m at that stage, painful thumbs on stripping and cutting..
Got a good range cutters from small right through the range.
I have automatic strippers that do t+e and flex.
Also have paslodes for the fine wires.
Last year I bought a pair of weidmuller all in one strippers and boot lace crimpers for panel building, saves me loads of time and pain.

Dustydazzler

Regular EF Member
I have ck auto strippers , rarely get used these days.
I bought them as an apprentice because I thought they looked the dogs dangles.

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
I have ck auto strippers , rarely get used these days.
I bought them as an apprentice because I thought they looked the dogs dangles.
Top Tip..
Keep hold of them..
Don’t wait till you need them, start using them well in advance..
Especially if say, you have 200 flexes to strip and terminate a day

Dustydazzler

Regular EF Member
I'm going to get some automatic wire strippers to try and save me a little time and more importantly my wrists thumbs and paws in general.

Does anyone have any recommendations? along with limitations of sets they have.
I don't mind buying a couple of sets but really don't want to buy stuff to sit in a box.

I've come to the conclusion that if I don't start changing the way I work I have a future filled with bitterness and pain. :D

Thanks in advance as always. :)

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.