Discuss Average Price for PIRs? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

I am wondering what is the average price for PIRs?

I have seen some in my area charging as £25 for one.

What is the average price you charge and also please post your areas to see if there is a trend per area.

Depends on how much the customer wants to pay me to do.

Could do it for £25 if he liked but would just get a test schedule full of LIMs. Maybe a quick note on what remedials needed doing at the DB but that is all. As long as you note how much the cert covers you can say well that's what you paid for and no come back on you.

So how much do people charge for PIR? or does everyone do them per hour?

Also how long does it usually take to do a PIR based on 2 up and 2 down?

No easy answer I'm afraid! If a 3 bed semi and full PIR (and I mean EVERYTHING, every point, every test, the works) just charge a day. Usually a long day!

i dont understand how people have the brass necks to do dodgy EICR's /PIR's. id never be able to do it, as id worry that if there was a fire, then my professionalism would be called into question, and that i may of missed the cause of thatfire, and that ultimately i could of missed a chance to prevent it.

No easy answer I'm afraid! If a 3 bed semi and full PIR (and I mean EVERYTHING, every point, every test, the works) just charge a day. Usually a long day!

I was only looking for a guide to be honest - I have not done one yet, but got a few coming up with agents if all go well with price - cant price 2 high and dont want to go to low. Potential of 400 houses + with about 75% of them needing it every 6 months with change of occupancy.

Most of them are 2 up and 2 down - hence OP.

Travel cant be taken into account as all local ish and anything extra travel is extra anyway

charge per circuit decide how much you want then the agent knows where he stands. if theres all those properties you can always make it up on remidials
and if your going back to the same properties every 6 month you'll know the run of the building and you will have previous cert so will be able to do them quicker

just remember one of the oldest tricks in the book by builders/letting agents etc

"give us a good price because we have loads more work for you" mean while hes having the same conversation with 10 other sparkies!
so don,t go to cheap!

Thanks everyone

As I have said to a few already due to personal reasons I dont want to go into - i have to keep my income (profit) below £12,000 this year, there is NO option to increase it higher than that!

After 6 months time I can increase my income, if everything goes well, over that amount with no problems at all.

limited company is not an option as I will lose 4 of my regular customers - 3 of which are of the 4 above as they don't deal with limited companies at all.

I could go down the route of not working but I have been advised that working is my best option and will improve my chances of everything going my way in 6 months.

I am thinking that if I price myself lower than normal and regulate income that way, I get my customer database up and every 3 months I increase my labor prices by 25%ish, that way I got the reputation, and when I explain that prices are going up by 25% ish they wont mind to much as they already know my quality of work.

I have taken all into account and priced myself accordingly taking the above situation into account as well - thanks everyone

What price a pir ? hardly worth the bother competing for them

The down and outs used to sell PIRs on the streets of Swansea
Then they found out they could get a better price for selling the Big issue
icon10.png

Reply to Average Price for PIRs? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net