Discuss Bad socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky12021986

A customer telephones and complains that one of the socket outlets that you installed earlier appears not to function. State the procedures you would follow in order to identify the possible cause of this failure prior to visiting the site.

open to all suggestions thanks in advance..

You can ask them,

1.Have you tried plugging the appliance in somewhere else/ does the appliance work in another socket.
2. Have you had any work done recently other than what you did, doubt you would get a straight answer to that
3. In the end you just have to go

do all the sockets not work or is it just that one? If all, check the protective device for that circuit.

try a different appliance in the socket to eliminate faulty appliance.

Could be a loose connection in back of socket (site visit needed for this)

Dear customer, I am very sorry that this has happened, I wonder if you would be able to help me prepare to fix the fault.
Why do you say the socket is not working, is it because there is no neon lit, because an appliance is not functioning, or have you used a socket tester or volt tester?
Have any switches in the consumer unit tripped?
Has any other work been done since my installation?

I will come over and try to resolve the fault.

Reply to Bad socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Called to look at a job today for a previous client. Tumble Drier giving off 'funny smell' and tripped the RCD - Called out her appliance...
Replies
Views
I hear many views of people who believe that DPF's and CDPF's fitted to their vehicles are a problem and many people resort to removing them, or...
Replies
Views
Hi, My inlaws have a new garden hut arriving in three weeks to the bottom of their garden which is around 103m from the house. It has various...
Replies
Views
J
Hi.. We have just had a new kitchen fitted, a few sockets moved, led lights, new supply for the electric oven and a rcd board fitted. They told us...
Replies
Views
Hi - sorry, I haven't been on the forum for ages! Its that long I cant see how to attach photos now! I have a couple of queries following some...
Replies
Views
The Ghost
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock