Discuss Bane...how did college go today? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Your right your very lucky to have an offer of a full time apprenticeship at the age of 29, I know I dont know you, but I served my time at the ge of 20 and all though you do get stick sometimes for being a girl, it fade out really quickly once you show them you know what your talking about!!! All though the 2330 apprenticeship is mainly aimed at upto the age of 25, dont let that bother you its the fastest and easiest way of becoming qualified!! Good luck
Nic

Thanks Nicola. Erm...I'm not a girl :D

Shakey, you know I'll always offer you advice and a shoulder to cry on!

Everybody else, thanks again! I have to sign off now but I'll update you all soon!

Slight update.

Remember the interview I went to regarding repairs of mobility scooter? The one I didn't like the feeling of?

Well, was offered the job last night via e-mail! Very surprised as thought the interview went pretty cr*p. Offered me a good rate too (seeing as I have no experience).

On the work side of things. It's going well. At the moment we're rewiring an old farm (200yrs+) then after that I'll be doing laods of various stuff to include (eventually) panel building and HV testing!

All/any relevant courses paid by company so... looks good!

Note: And the guy I work with waffles!
(But he does have 40yrs experience and is a really nice chappie)

Last edited by a moderator:
No you did'nt (well on here anyway :confused::):eek::D)

you said you were dissapointed that I used cable strippers and not snips, so im a puff for wearing gloves hey?

lol:cool:

started year 2 yesterday :eek:
to b3
OMG!!!!

thought my head was gonna explode by about 2pm!!!

apprentices are still being taught the same stuff i had to learn,dspite the change from 236 to 2330 the advantage you've got is things like this forum have fun:eek::eek: ask

dont be sorry, dont think my profile has anything on it anyway lol, point was that I cannot believe what a shock to the system it was going back to it!

I know I remember thinking this time last year i'm not clever enough for this stuff and today I feel it even more :eek:

Shakey gonna def need your help if your still up for it

Last edited by a moderator:
dont be sorry, dont think my profile has anything on it anyway lol, point was that I cannot believe what a shock to the system it was going back to it!

I know I remember thinking this time last year i'm not clever enough for this stuff and today I feel it even more :eek:

Shakey gonna def need your help if your still up for it

no probs Monty, the offer is still open, the :rolleyes: was a fond memory of day one yr 2, getting home at 9.30 pm and the missus going "how was college"

and me storming past and sitting in my den for an hour with the lights off........

thats what the :rolleyes: was for

now when you get onto the HND......:eek:

not sure about HND just yet lol will be a miracle to get through this :)

Didnt hekp that hydraulics and pneumatics (nice easy one) got swapped to a new module on electrical power and generation devised by Hinckley point specially for their guys benefit :(

and Plant and process principles looks like its gonna be a barrel of laughs!!

but many thanks Shakey your a star

Reply to Bane...how did college go today? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net