Discuss Bar fridge error codes in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Blizzard bar fridges? Just a two door bottle fridge.

my customer says that the display is showing HH, but then after a while it works normally.

I’m guessing it’s just a start up sequence as the fridges aren’t being used just now.

Wanted to confirm it’s not a problem waiting to happen as it’ll take a bit of work to get the fridge out, the countertop is tight on top.

Do you know the model? The manuals are available online HERE

Do you know the model? The manuals are available online HERE
Yeh. Already looked there.
Bar 2/SL.... no mention of HH

There was another brand of catering fridge that had an “h” and it said it was heater error.???

as I said, I think it might just be some start up process as the fridges haven’t been powered for a while.

Ok. I had a quick look at the fridge yesterday...

As soon as powered up, the temperature display shows HH, and there’s a very quiet pulsing beep noise. After 20 or so minutes, beeping stops and on this occasion .37 appears on the display.
There is a second identical fridge that shows .05, the set temperature all the time. The problematic fridge can be set at a temperature, and it feels as cold as the other one, but we just don’t know about the HH or the 37 now??

A second problem is that is has a display LED light that isn’t working on it, with a small switch on the inside. Runs on 12v, but I can’t find the transformer for it.
The light itself works, as I swapped it over with the other fridge.
I believe it to be in the back at the bottom near the compressor.
I took the panel off at the top, but it only holds the temp display and the circulating fan.

As I said in the OP, the worktop is built over the top of the fridge, I can’t slide it out. Which is a remarkably stupid design.

If the 12v is just for the control then it will probably be a small switched mode PSU so no transformer (well, it will have but a very small one) or it could just be a capacitor dropper in which case no sign of a transformer. Capacitor looses it's value or occasionally the zener diode will croak and out goes the 12v.

Sigh....

I sent an email to a company that sells parts for these fridges.... the HH is actually HA.... meaning high alarm. He suggests giving the compressor a clean and get it regassed maybe.
The transformer is down the back next to the compressor, and is the most likely component to fail.

looks like the bar is getting taken apart now to get into the rear of the fridge!

The translation for the previous post is:

Where is the administration?
It is important.
Thank you.

Hi, I have the same problem as you had, what was the solution please
There hasn’t been a solution. The fridge works and the customer is happy for it to continue as is.
If the compressor could be accessed, it would get a clean, but as the woodwork is fixed down over the fridge, I can’t get it out.

The LED light is now powered externally by a plug in 12v adaptor and routing the cable past the door seal.

Reply to Bar fridge error codes in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock