Discuss Basic Electrical Formulas???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The most important is ohms law. V=IR or I= V/R or R=V/I
there are other versions of it, where the R is called different things according to the application but the theory is the same.

I = V / R (ohm's law)

current (I) is equal to Voltage (V) over Resistance (R)

P = V x I

Power (P) is equal to Voltage times Current.

Units of measurement:

Voltage = Volts (V)
Current = Amps (I)
Resistance = Ohms (R)
Power = Watts (P)

The most important is ohms law. V=IR or I= V/R or R=V/I
there are other versions of it, where the R is called different things according to the application but the theory is the same.
this may sound really stupid, but how do you work out how many amps is allowed on one cable? i dont understand how you work out the amount of amps allowed on a certain size cable

Hey bud, you should join the apprentice/trainee section. Here's where you join:

http://www.electriciansforums.net/apply-gain-access-trainee-only-forum/

Start a new thread and use this template:

Your Details
Your Full Name:

Your Address:
Your Telephone Number:

Training Details
Training Providers Name:
Training Providers Address:
Course(s) you are taking with the Provider:
Date the Courses/Training Started:
Date the Courses/Training Should Be Completed:
Qualification(s) Gained Once Completed:

Powerformula.jpg

this may sound really stupid, but how do you work out how many amps is allowed on one cable? i dont understand how you work out the amount of amps allowed on a certain size cable

If you just need to know quickly you'll find the current carrying capacities for the basic sizes of T&E in your OSG.

Hey bud, you should join the apprentice/trainee section. Here's where you join:

http://www.electriciansforums.net/apply-gain-access-trainee-only-forum/

Start a new thread and use this template:

Your Details
Your Full Name:

Your Address:
Your Telephone Number:

Training Details
Training Providers Name:
Training Providers Address:
Course(s) you are taking with the Provider:
Date the Courses/Training Started:
Date the Courses/Training Should Be Completed:
Qualification(s) Gained Once Completed:
thanks ill have a look now mate

- - - Updated - - -

New phone screensaver maybe? haha

Whatever you do to save it is up to you. Screensaver, not a bad idea.

Until I clout you around the back of your tabs for having you're phone out at work :49:

he can always study the wheel at break time.

and just to be pedantic, it's formulae, not formulas. didn't they teach you latin at school? :ack2:

he can't hear you trev. he's too busy with his ipad with earphones on.

you'll be OK on site, you lippy sod. :rockon:

Reply to Basic Electrical Formulas???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net