Discuss Basic security light wiring advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I would be very grateful for any basic wiring advice anyone could provide for a hi-lo pir security light if possible. I believe I need to put the one of the switched live cables into the section marked 1 along with the other main live wires and the other switched live into the section marked 2 but perhaps I am completely wrong. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

8DE692FB-E02C-491C-94A7-B16E3CD45991.jpeg

Not sure if you will take my advice mate, best you get hold of a local electrician

The grey cables with blue sleeving into the N connection.

Then you will have to find which wires go to the lamp/ sensor.
Why is there a third connection? What’s a hi/low PIR sensor do?

You only need the always live cables, neutral and earth.
The third cable set would be to manually override or supply another light.
Live cables go into the terminal marked L or 1 and Neutral cables into the terminal marked N or N.
However we do not know how the light is wired or the methods of control you want so any advice we can give is limited by this.

You only need the always live cables, neutral and earth.
The third cable set would be to manually override or supply another light.
Live cables go into the terminal marked L or 1 and Neutral cables into the terminal marked N or N.
However we do not know how the light is wired or the methods of control you want so any advice we can give is limited by this.
Some pir light fittings require a switch line so that the light can be permanently switch on.

Hi, I would be very grateful for any basic wiring advice anyone could provide for a hi-lo pir security light if possible. I believe I need to put the one of the switched live cables into the section marked 1 along with the other main live wires and the other switched live into the section marked 2 but perhaps I am completely wrong. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 39121
I will say this the red wires on 1 and 2 terminals go to the lights plus your earth and neutral. As stated above the brown goes to L1 blue to terminal N plus your earth

Reply to Basic security light wiring advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net