Discuss Basic splitting question in the Freeview and Terrestrial TV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparksburnout

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before but i cant get the search to run on only this section, its just a very simple question. I am putting in power for a TV in a bedroom, and am going to try and help the young couple concerned as I know they are a bit hard up, by doing the aerial bit as well. They have an existing TV in the lounge fed from an external aerial which has only about 3M cable run straight into the TV. I was thinking I might just get away with using a simple splitter internally, then taking the additional cable outside, up the wall and through the loft to drop down to the wall mounted bedroom TV, a distance of 10M maximum. I am sure they would be happy if they could only use 1 TV at a time. Is this likely to work OK or do I need to get into some kind of distribution system? They are using Freeview TV's.

Yes , out of laziness I have done that in my house , nothing fancy just two freeview TV's.
I am in a good signal area though.

Ps. They are both fine on together too.

Last edited:

Reply to Basic splitting question in the Freeview and Terrestrial TV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and wanting some advice regarding a tv aerial. I moved into my own flat and bought a tv, however when I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a relatively simple question. Doing a rewire to make a circuit in a single room. My father is a retired spark, so no worries about a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m after a bit of advice regarding wifi/secondary router. Data is not a strong point of mine so any advice would be very much...
Replies
Views
I need to install a floodlight for outside now its dark. Its just inside the kitchen wall to connect to the electrics. My simple idea is run a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock