Discuss bathroom extractor fan internal grille - fire rated? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good Evening,

I'm going to fit a 4 inch inline extractor fan in the loft above the bathroom. I'm guessing the internal grille has to be fire rated just like a down lighter has to be?

i only ask because the website i bought it off doesn't sell any fire rated internal grilles even though it seems like a pretty established fan website. so if they're required, i don't know why they don't sell them.

would anyone who knows about these things be able to clarify at all?

thank you for reading

A downlighter doesn't nornally have to be fire rated in that situation, neither does a fan grille.

If the fan grille/duct penetrates a fire barrier then an intumescent collar can be fitted, or fire dampers, or ducts encased in a fire resistant material, depending on the exact situation.

Reply to bathroom extractor fan internal grille - fire rated? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, my niece lives in a flat and has a bathroom without a window. There is an extractor fan which packed up and an electrician installed a new one...
Replies
Views
This isn't very electrical, but never mind! I'm adding an extractor fan to a bathroom in a 4th floor flat. The builder has helpfully cored a hole...
Replies
Views
My extractor fan has given up the ghost this week and I was hoping to replace it myself, however I cannot do a like for like swap as the current...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock