Discuss Bathroom Extractor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iona222

Trainee
Reaction score
Hi troops, just installed a bathroom extractor. When it was all fitted I switched it on and couldn't feel any suction. But I could see it was working, I took it down with it switched on I could feel the side in the ceiling felt cool.

I've only fitted a couple of these.the previous one when you switched it on you felt the air blow cool.

I'm certain I installed it properly, ehm what you think? Cheers.

stick a piece of bog roll (unused) against the inlet. if it sticks, it's not sh!t, it's suction.

Or use the instruction booklet that comes with the fan… a bit of the cardboard box would be too heavy.

if it’s vented through flexiduct, check there’s no sharp kinks in it which would restrict airflow.

Or use the instruction booklet that comes with the fan… a bit of the cardboard box would be too heavy.

if it’s vented through flexiduct, check there’s no sharp kinks in it which would restrict airflow.
I took it down. You could feel the suction on the other side. Weird.

Hi troops, just installed a bathroom extractor. When it was all fitted I switched it on and couldn't feel any suction. But I could see it was working, I took it down with it switched on I could feel the side in the ceiling felt cool.

I've only fitted a couple of these.the previous one when you switched it on you felt the air blow cool.

I'm certain I installed it properly, ehm what you think? Cheers.
You didn't check the outlet was clear which is a good starting point

Whatever mate, you must be board.
If you can't do the job don't bother trying
From your other posts it is abundantly clear you are trying to run your business on the generosity of the members of this forum giving you advice to complete the work you undertake. You clearly have a high opinion of your lack of ability and it is a pity your customers can't read some of what you post on here. To avoid being troubled by further posts I've added you to room 101 on here
Bye

@UNG asked you a reasonable question and you chose to disregard it with a sarcastic retort. If you want help from more learned members which you seem to do on a weekly basis then this isn't the way forward.

@UNG asked you a reasonable question and you chose to disregard it with a sarcastic retort. If you want help from more learned members which you seem to do on a weekly basis then this isn't the way forward.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think the post you quoted was aimed at the OP (similar green avatar).

@UNG has a point if the duct is blocked then the air has nowhere to go when the fan is in the wall! When you took it out the air had somewhere to go.
I wouldn't knock good advice from experienced people!

If you can't do the job don't bother trying
From your other posts it is abundantly clear you are trying to run your business on the generosity of the members of this forum giving you advice to complete the work you undertake. You clearly have a high opinion of your lack of ability and it is a pity your customers can't read some of what you post on here. To avoid being troubled by further posts I've added you to room

wow.... Talk about making yourself look a fool !
All I was discussing was a extractor fan, look at all the negative remarks, im not even going to bother defending myself, because there's no need to. During my 7 years working and training in the industry, you come across arrogance, all different types of sparks, some sound some let's say not so sound. Whats your customers going to say if they read this?.. haha, your this your that....haha...its a discussion about a extractor fan. I use this site to discuss electrical matter thats all. I cant say 100% hand on heart anything on this site has helped me on a job... im not going to reply to any other negative remarks so don't bother.

Don't bother?
Oh well, let's lighten the mood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom Extractor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock