Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss bathroom fan disturbing t.v reception. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hey guys bit of a wierd one for me as have never come across this before, at my parents house i have noticed that every time the bathroom fan goes off there is no signal for about 2-3 seconds.

just wondering anyone ever come across this or could suggest what it could be?

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
It's probably the way in which the fan sucks the air away from the aerial and therefore diverts the signal until the vortex has recovered.

[the fan is a) probably old and noisy and b) the mains run feeding it is too close to the coax in the loft]

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
If its an old fan sounds like the relay could be arcing causing interference on the TV signal.

I miss my old Armstrong bike, the magneto threw out that much interference that my missus knew when I was a mile away as the TV used to go funny...

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
If its an old fan sounds like the relay could be arcing causing interference on the TV signal.

I miss my old Armstrong bike, the magneto threw out that much interference that my missus knew when I was a mile away as the TV used to go funny...
Can't quite recall the name it's got (Goliath??), but there's a chuffing great big crane in the Belfast docks and I've heard it said on more than one occasion that all the local TV's knew about when it was moving!

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Modern electrical shielding and digital TV has really taken the fun out of things... :lol:

Reply to bathroom fan disturbing t.v reception. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom