Discuss bathroom fan & fuse etc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

One_of_them

guys,

how do you incorporate the fuse down to 3A situation?

My mate has asked me to sort him a fan and wants it timed. It's an old board, rented property so no real chance of anything major going on. My thoughts are RCD fused spur, looping in & out on supply side to keep everything as normal there, load side with 3A fuse supply the bathroom light and then take the 3C from here to fan iso then onto fan? Therefore everything in bathroom is on 3A and RCD'd

Or is there another way?

We normally do similar but with RCD protection at the consumer unit.

Loop in/out of supply side of an unswitched fused spur
Outgoing L&N to bathroom switch
SW&N from switch to bathroom light(s)
3C&E to 3 pole isolator, situated by the unswitched fused spur
3C&E from fan isolator to fan

Reply to bathroom fan & fuse etc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views
Hi, wondered if anyone can help… just bought a new house and it has an alleyway between next door, in which I have found one main supply which...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi all, happy Christmas! There was a thread on this subject a while back, not many people said that they actually connect bathroom extractor via a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock