Discuss Bathroom fans ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all

just looking for some recommendations for the best fans on the market at the moment ? What fans are best to use such as inline fan or centrifugal fan ? Is it best to stick with a inline fan when these can be installed or fit centrifugal fans. Thanks in advance ?

The question of whether you should fit centrifugal or inline makes no sense. Inline fans can be axial, centrifugal or mixed flow and surface mount fans are usually either axial or centrifugal.

You'll get the highest airflow with a mixed flow inline fan installed correctly.

However even the best fans will struggle if they are not installed properly and if there isn't adequate airflow into the room.

If you have space for an inline fan that is almost always the preferred option as they are often more powerful for their size and the noise from the motor is away from the room. Avoid the tiny axial inline fans that are the size of the duct as these are not good. You also need to make sure new air is able to enter a room with extraction or the airflow rate will be poor whatever fan you use.

We often use the Vortice Lineo mixed flow inline fans, these are quite cheap, but reliable, are quiet, available in timer and non timer models and have 2 selectable speeds. When installed correctly they are extremely quiet. I have one here and the only noise is the air flowing up the ducting.

Edit Davesparks beat me to it.

When installed correctly they are extremely quiet. I have one here and the only noise is the air flowing up the ducting.

and the sparrows choking on the methane extract.

I constantly see some praising the attributes of high extraction rates for fans in domestic properties.

IMO unless you have a bathroom the size of Donald Trump’s pad, or have an Amazon Rainforest rain shower experience, then the likes of the cheapest fans will surface.

They invariably fail to extract properly, due to poor installation, too long or poorly installed ducting, or as Dave said, a sealed room.

The only thing that bugs me with some of the cheapo ones, is the noise they make.

I constantly see some praising the attributes of high extraction rates for fans in domestic properties.

On the rare occasions I do domestics I fit a manrose mixed flow inline fan which does have high extraction rates, but I almost always put them on their lower speed option as it makes it a lot quieter whilst still achieving good extraction.

On the rare occasions I do domestics I fit a manrose mixed flow inline fan which does have high extraction rates, but I almost always put them on their lower speed option as it makes it a lot quieter whilst still achieving good extraction.
I often used the Manrose Ledlite fans, helped minimise ceiling lighting with down lights.

Did fit one of their MF range a couple of times, because of room size and or layout. Another time because the ducting was over three metres. However, with that one, even on load speed it made a racket at the extract grill.

Also make sure you use insulated ducting in roof voids.

Reply to Bathroom fans ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock