Discuss Bathroom lighting - leds help <3 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

somethings i have not done and i have not done 12v lights on a transformer o.o. sadly i have finished college "level 3 2365 and all the learning i am doing is by my self until i can find someone to take me on as an electricians mate sorry if im a bit wrong im making sure i do things correctly of cause

ok so im helping a friend out. he has three 12v led lights on a transformer in his bathroom and the transformer has gone. i tryed a spare one i had laying around i tested it and it was giving out between 9.5 and 12 volts and it just burnt out. "****ty transformer maybe?" Now they are on rewireable fuses. i was wondering if i could fit

Three 240v gu10s in ip44 fittings and after the switch go straight into a 13 amp rcd spur because it is on rewireable fuses

Was the transformer you found lying around for LEDs? or just a bog standard 12v tranny. LEDs that I've come across need a LED specific driver. Better replace like for like and see if that works before messing around with the circuitry/ installation.

yes you can fit 3 gu10 on an RCD but i would not use halogen get some decent quality LED gu10 ,dont forget this work is notifiable

I know everything is fine on the installation it i tested it. was just the transformer. And it was one tranny for three lights. Also these bulbs run hot and all the fittings are not fireproof rated and I'm pretty sure there not even ip44. And for the price of these fittings to get it to ip 44 it works out the same. Just thinking if I remove the tranny there's less problems in the future. What would you guys do?

replace the fittings with 230V fire rated GU10 s. or the integrated ones from aurora or jcc.

7123ba971e83da1d5bcad085b48ab61b

done it! put 3 ip65 fittings in. and put the rcd in the loft next to the loft opening due to the owner not wanting to see it and wanted it there.. it will only be there till they get a board upgrade. did my first job using my megger :D. rcd trip times fine etc feeling good XD. only annoying thing is that ceiling. there is 1 support across the owner is getting a new one soon. i did this for free for them because there close friends XD

Reply to Bathroom lighting - leds help <3 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net